Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

gasssy w/ tummy ache

My LO has been very gassy the past couple of days. She has went poop since friday. She seems to have a belly ache. If I rub/massage her belly she calms down. Is this normal or something to be concerned about? Anything I can do for the tummy ache?

Re: gasssy w/ tummy ache

• Options
    Do you have any gripe water or mylicon? Perhaps try one of those.  Also, there are lots of videos on you tube of massage and exercises you can do with your infant to help relieve the gas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A couple of days without pooping isn't abnormal, but LO can get uncomfortable. Try bicycling her legs, alternating with the belly massage. If you get desperate and that doesn't seem to help, you can always try taking a rectal temp. At such a young age, their little bodies don't yet quite know how to get rid of stuff down there, and taking the rectal temp can loosen their little sphincter so that they are able to pass a BM. I had to do this with LO at about 10 days old and it helped quite a bit. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLadyVi33:
    A couple of days without pooping isn't abnormal, but LO can get uncomfortable. Try bicycling her legs, alternating with the belly massage. If you get desperate and that doesn't seem to help, you can always try taking a rectal temp. At such a young age, their little bodies don't yet quite know how to get rid of stuff down there, and taking the rectal temp can loosen their little sphincter so that they are able to pass a BM. I had to do this with LO at about 10 days old and it helped quite a bit. GL!

Agreed with the rectal temp! It works every time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"