Late Term and Child Loss

Did I imagine it?

Does anyone else feel like they just imagined everything sometimes? There are moments when I feel like being pregnant is a distant memory, and his delivery seems like it was just a dream. Then I look around and see all the baby stuff. And know it wasn't a dream. But it seems so abstract sometimes...

Re: Did I imagine it?

• It still feels surreal for me. Sometimes to remind myself that i have a daughter and she really passed away. I see her picture and I tell myself that's my daughter. How crazy. At the same time, the love I have for her is always there and I feel like she is missing.
  • I feel that way all the time. I keep thinking I am going to wake up from this nightmare. I am so mad that we all have to go through this.

Big hugs.  

TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • all the time... I also find myself thinking if I pretend I wasn't pregnant this will all be easier to get through.  But that is not healthy and I know I need to face my loss. 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel exactly the same way all the time it sucks!!!  hugs to you!
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • When I was in the hospital after the delivery, I kept waking up and thinking I was still pregnant and at home in bed. It still feels like a bad dream. HUGS.
    Avery Alexander Napaluch born sleeping October 24, 2011 at 32 weeks.
    He was 4lbs. 9oz. and 17&1/2in. He was absolute perfection.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Mommy and Daddy love and miss you Avery.
  • I got a tattoo for Adam about 4 months after he died.  I remember thinking, maybe I should wait just in case things get better.  Um, he died, and that would never change.  There were times that I couldn't believe that it wasn't that long ago that I was pregnant with him.  He's gone and I had no proof of that pregnancy.  Going through this is all so surreal.  I constantly feel like I'm in the twilight zone.  (((hugs)))
    imageimageimage
  • Yes, and I think that's why I tell everyone I can about my son- to make it seem more real and so I can talk about him to my friends like other moms do. I remember telling one of my friends about a month out that I was waiting to wake up, and a small bit of me still holds onto the hope that I'll wake up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • I agree.  I hate walking around in a store because I just want to be able to show everyone that I had a baby 3 months ago.  I want to be the proud mommy with a cute baby in her carseat on top of a cart.  The fact that everyone around me is oblivious makes me so sad.  It feels like I made it all up...  I am actually thinking of getting a tattoo (and I am not a tattoo person) just to have a permanent reminder of Annabelle on me.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel like that a lot. There are so many times that I feel like it was all just a dream, but I know it was real because of all of the pictures and the room full of baby things. It all feels like it happened in another lifetime, but in a way, I guess it did. That really was a different lifetime, because my life changed so much after.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"