Cloth Diapering

Diaper Rec

DD is 9 months old and about 17 pounds - pretty slender.  Since birth we've primarily used GMD Workhorse fitteds with a variety of covers.  She started day care at 7 months and we use BG 3.0s there.  I'm not loving the 3.0s.  No matter how often I wash, what the routine is, stripping, drying inside out, I feel like there is always a smell.  I have 2 thirsties pockets that I prefer and I am thinking of switching.  Would love to hear recs on your favorite pocket.  I do prefer velcro to snaps but am willing to go with snaps for the right diaper.  I know BG 4.0s are an option but I am wondering what else would work well for her. TIA

Re: Diaper Rec

• I'm becoming anti pocket, but if I have to pick 2 favorites they would be blueberries bamboo and fuzzibunz. I hated our BGs bc of fit issues and sold all 24 of them.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Is the smell in the shells it in the inserts? BG inserts are notorious for stinking, so if that is your problem, swapping out the inserts might help and would be much cheaper than buying all new diapers.

Other than that, I'm not much help, as my favorite pockets are BG's and ones I make myself Smile Although if your issues with the BG 3.0's are stink related, I don't think you'll like the 4.0's any better. They are made from the same materials.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Loading the player...
  • I would switch up your washing routine before giving up.

That said, I like Nykibaby pockets from MonkeyToe Diapers, as well as Blueberry,  and Fuzzibunz (they're hit and miss for people).

• I love Tiny Tush pockets.

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"