September 2011 Moms

Can I just get mushy for a minute? AW-ish

I'm just reflecting on the fact that I (and we, meaning DH, Connor, and I) have survived the past 5 weeks.  I've cried (or downright sobbed) on occasion because of feelings of exhaustion and frustration. 

But for the last few mornings, around 8am when I put him on the changing table and the sun is shining through his nursery window, he looks up at me with his big baby blue-grey eyes and gives me this open mouth, gummy grin as if to say "good morning, mommy", and I just melt.  I hold his little hands and feet, and smell his fuzzy head, and it feels like my heart is going to burst - I just love this little guy THAT much.  It's almost scary to love someone that much, I don't know what I'd do if he were ever sick or if something happened to him.

Motherhood has been so much harder, and a million times more rewarding and fulfilling, than I ever could have imagined.  I feel like I finally know the secret that all of you 2+ moms have known all along...how amazing it is to have these little people in our lives.  The reward is so much greater than the sacrifice.

Anyone else feeling mushy, and want to share?  Or am I just hormonal, sleep-deprived, and rambling? Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I just get mushy for a minute? AW-ish

• Big Smile

It's truly incredible, isn't it?

Now imagine multiplying that feeling by two. My boys are my world....I am so blessed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As a FTM it took me a little time to get used to how difficult caring for a newborn is. I thought it was more puppies & rainbows. I barely had time to think about the love aspect - I was honestly just too busy. I was sobbing, sleep deprived and felt defeated... Today however, its a whole new world. The smiles I get from her make my head spin and my heart nearly explode! Gushhhh...
  • Loading the player...
  • DH got his first smile today, I just knew he was so blown away. Who would have thought something as small as a smile could totally make your day.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Aw so cute! I'm working hard to get a smile out of him that's real. I may have once but I'm not sure! They still seem random and gas associated :) although adorable! I'm looking forward to a day of watching football and hanging out with our little family... Love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww first smiles! *gush* LO smiled at me for the first time and I knew it was real because it lasted, wasn't just a passing thing. And I cried and cried (Poor DH thinks I'm losing it). Makes all the stress and sleep deprivation worth it!
  • I melt everytime my little girl gives me that gummy smile too! She has just started exercising her language skills too...like the pre-talking oooohhs and cooos and aaahhhs. I encourage her to keep "talking" to me and I have conversations with her...she seems to respond and smile and laugh and keep "talking" to me....I love every second of it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel the exact same way ...you have described the recent mornings to a T
    EDD 9/01/11

my nursery progress

• who knew how amazing those gummy smiles could be? Truly a feeling only a parent could relate too! I almost get sad thinking about one day he will have teeth and no more gummy smiles. I love being a mom a million times more then I could have ever thought was possible.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsMichelleB:
    Mornings make me melt too. You're not alone. Each day she does her fist pump stretch with a loud fart before she opens her eyes. Then I say 'Good morning beautiful" at which she opens her eyes wide with the same bug gummy mouthed smile. It's like a slice of heaven and almost makes me forget about the witching hour from the night before.... almost. 

My little lady does the same "morning routine" and it cracks me up every time. 

• imageMrsMichelleB:
    Mornings make me melt too. You're not alone. Each day she does her fist pump stretch with a loud fart before she opens her eyes. Then I say 'Good morning beautiful" at which she opens her eyes wide with the same bug gummy mouthed smile. It's like a slice of heaven and almost makes me forget about the witching hour from the night before.... almost. 

My little lady does the same "morning routine" and it cracks me up every time. 

• I have felt that same way about each of my three daughters.  Amazing that you can have that kind of love over and over and over again.  I could hug and kiss and gaze at them all day, every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"