Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Cost of D&C...still sucks but a little less.

Hi ladies. I saw the post a few days ago about the slap in the face bills we've all been receiving. I was complaining to my mom about it this morning while writing out my check for $800.00. She suggested that I call the number on the bill and see if they had any discount programs.

Sooo...long story short I literally just saved $164.05 on this stupid bill just by calling the hospital. I primarily called out of spite because it pisses me off so much that I pay a god-awful amount for insurance every month and then have to pay for my health care anyways!!  So I found the "billing inquiry" number and just said..."Hi...I'm calling about a bill I received for a procedure I had to have done.  I can't afford it and wanted to know if you had any discount programs that would apply to this bill..." **long pause** Guy looks up my bill and says "if you pay today over the phone by credit card it will only be $635.95". Totally random amount but I'll take it. So bill paid! Still sucks...but sucks $164.05 less!

Not sure if this would work for everyone and I think in most cases it applies if you can pay the whole amount by credit card that day...but worth a try.  My tip...just tell them you can't afford the amount and you want to know about any discounts that would apply. Then pause and let them do the thinking. If you talk too much or explain too much they will prob just get you on some type of payment plan but you'd still owe the whole amount. Good luck.

TTC #1 since January 2010
BFP 6/11/2011. Heartbeat seen on u/s 6/29. No heartbeat 7/13 at 9w0d. D&C 7/18.
Missing our little bean. Our hearts broke when yours stopped beating. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP 1/3/2012. Please God...let this be our take home baby!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Cost of D&C...still sucks but a little less.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"