Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Swingsets?

I want to get DS a swingset for Christmas he loves to swing and slide and I know I'm not going to have the energy to walk the 3/4 of a mile to the park next spring. So I want it to be good for a 3-6 year old.  DS has no fear so I know it's not going to be to big for him.  Plastic is not an option.  I like the wood ones but also worry about what it's treated with
Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
DH Brain Cancer
BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

Re: Swingsets?

• Options

What about metal? I assume the seats/slide would still be a plastic or rubber, but you'd have the same issue with a wooden set.

My best suggestion would be to check CL and the like regardless of what you buy. Reusing is always a plus.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I started looking last spring I have put want adds on craigslist and been searching just about every day but have not found one set.  I also tried rummage sales this last summer.  Buying new has been the result, no local stores sell them soit's online shopping. :-(
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well that just stinks! We have a FB yardsale group and I swear there are probably 5 or so swingsets posted a week.

Do you have local lumber stores? What about buying one of those kits that has the plans and the swings, slides, hardware, etc. but you buy your own lumber. At least that way you could shop around for lumber and research what different types are treated with.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like this idea

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll try the lumber store next week they are closed on the weekends after October 1 (can you tell I live in the boonies?)
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer

• Options

Yep, you can buy swingset plans on ebay for cheap, maybe ten or twenty bucks. Then you can purchase the lumber yourself (whatever type you choose) and build it.

https://www.safe2play.org/assets/docs/alternatives.pdf

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"