Austin Babies

VENT: RSVPs

I was up at Abby's school today and while there 3 moms asked me about Abby's birthday.  They were asking about the stuff I brought up to school yesterday.  Then they got to "oh yeah, Abby's b-day party is tomorrow, right?"  When I said yes the response was something like "Yeah, (my child)  (none of these moms have RSVPed) is really looking forward to it. Tongue Tied I wanted to say "Yeah, too bad you didn't RSP and I just went and bought all the food, ordered cupcakes etc this morning!" Of course I said "oh, good glad they can come."

Why don't people RSVP!!!!!!!! Its a good thing I planned for extra food and favors and we have about 8 slots open on our limit. I

Re: VENT: RSVPs

• This is my biggest pet pieve of all time.  I HATE it!  Apparently RSVP'ing just isn't the cool thing anymore. 
  • Its so frustrating, isn't it?  I've done two school-kids invited parties for Jakob and I'm done.  Too stressful trying to figure out who's coming or not.  I'd rather bribe him with a $300 gift than throw a party.  And let's face it...probably ends up cheaper that way!  :)

Have fun!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This is a huge pet peeve for me.  I still can't understand how 1/3 of my wedding guest list didn't see the need to RSVP until we called them.  Because 10 days out I had so little else to do.
  • Annoying.  Hopefully you've got enough goodies for everyone!
  • I agree!  I don't get it either.  Do people have no consideration for the person throwing the party?  It pisses me off too! FWIW, I rsvp all the time.
  • That's totally annoying. I've switched to saying regrets only and assume everyone is coming. It's made it a little easier.

Hope you have enough supplies for everyone anyway :)

• imagefjaril:

That's totally annoying. I've switched to saying regrets only and assume everyone is coming. It's made it a little easier.

Um, that would have been almost 40 kids! ACK!

• imageA&Jmom:
    imagefjaril:

That's totally annoying. I've switched to saying regrets only and assume everyone is coming. It's made it a little easier.

ugh, preschool classes aren't that big :) 

• imagefjaril:
    imageA&Jmom:
    imagefjaril:

yeah- she has 19 in her class and then we had 15 or so kids outside of school.  I made favors for 24 and have 19 confirmed (including the moms from school). Oh plus one parent called me last night at 7pm to RSVP- at least they called! :)

• imageA&Jmom:
    imagefjaril:
    imageA&Jmom:
    imagefjaril:

yeah- she has 19 in her class and then we had 15 or so kids outside of school.  I made favors for 24 and have 19 confirmed (including the moms from school). Oh plus one parent called me last night at 7pm to RSVP- at least they called! :)

G/L today!!!  Hope it goes well

• Sounds like you got it covered!

Have a great party :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"