Preemies
Options

1st alone car ride

I'm taking Henry in for a weight check this PM. I haven't driven in the car with him alone yet and am kind of dreading it. I know you're not supposed to use those mirror things, but I think I won't be a safe driver if I can't see him. Luckily it's a short ride. I'm looking forward to when he's a little bigger and the carseat doesn't look like it's eating him :o). Any advice?
BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.

Re: 1st alone car ride

• Options

I know, it still makes me nervous...my LO falls asleep within seconds of the car going so I am always wondering whats going on back there...I've pulled over to check on him a couple of times, I must admit :/

On a side note, how'd the boards go?  Hope all went well...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    Good luck!  We used (still use) one of those mirrors.  I can't imagine not being able to see him - especially when he was so little.  We had tons of doctor appointments that I had to navigate on my own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why are you not supposed to use those mirrors? It gives me peace of mind and saves me from nearly jumping out of my skin every time hubby WHIPS around to check and make sure she's still breathing!
  • Options

imageSparkles7509:
    Why are you not supposed to use those mirrors? It gives me peace of mind and saves me from nearly jumping out of my skin every time hubby WHIPS around to check and make sure she's still breathing!

I didn't know you weren't supposed to use them.  We have them in our SUV so we can keep an eye on the twins.  I would go nuts without them.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was also nervous the first time but you will do great!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Luckily it went just fine. I did use the mirror. Apparently they aren't crash tested by the transportation safety authorities but it was worth it to me. Henry is gaining weight but not as fast as we want ( about 15g per day). So its breastfeeding boot camp for us this weekend.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"