Breastfeeding

hpt in breast milk?

ok, i haven't written a post in a loooong time, but has anyone tried this? i dipped a preg test in breast milk (just for fun) and it was a very clear positive. so this am, i did it the old fashioned way, and it was a super faint positive. not sure what's up, my son is 7 months old now and my period hasn't returned but i stocked up on tests because when they do return we want to try for #2. anyone have experience with this? could my nursing hormones be throwing off the results?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: hpt in breast milk?

• I have no idea but did you take a test the good old fashioned way to make sure your are not KU?

ETA: Oh, I read it again. Sounds like you are pregnant again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Interesting. Just curious, what made you put it in breastmilk? You got me wondering. I've taken them the old fashioned way and gotten negatives so I don't think it is just nursing hormones making it positive.

• Loading the player...
  • imagetokenhoser:
    You sound pregnant.

Yes This website needs a like button.

• Ok so you said it came back with a faint positive when you took it the old fashioned way (I'm assuming that means urine).  I'd say you're pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The pregnancy hormone is not a breastfeeding hormone.  It's present when you're pregnant, not from breastfeeding.  If you got a positive urine test during the specified time frame then you're pregnant.  I'm not surprised that you got a slight positive from your breastmilk since it is a bodily fluid.  I suppose the pregnancy hormone could show up there too like it does in blood and urine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• I had read that sometimes when your ttc while breastfeeding that the excess hcg can come out into your milk more than your urine, so I decided to give it a try... I'm still so skeptical though. I think I might test again in a few days and see if the urine test gets darker. I mean the line is there, but it's so light. since I haven't had a period yet it just doesn't seem likely right? who knows!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had two PP periods months and months apart and then ended up conceiving #2 4 months after my last "period" (in quotes because it was so light, almost like breakthrough bleeding on the pill when you skip the placebo pills).  You may have had your cycle back and gotten pregnant on the first one, it IS possible.

• imagemesostar:
    I had read that sometimes when your ttc while breastfeeding that the excess hcg can come out into your milk more than your urine, so I decided to give it a try... I'm still so skeptical though. I think I might test again in a few days and see if the urine test gets darker. I mean the line is there, but it's so light. since I haven't had a period yet it just doesn't seem likely right? who knows!

A line is a line. The first few Wondfos that I took were barely visible, but the line was there. It got darker over time. Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • The pee on a stick website lady did the breastmilk thing with varied results. Did you read the pee test within the right time period?

https://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/fun.html

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • yes, 5 minutes and they were there! both with pee and milk. i bought the wondfos too because they were cheap so i'm hoping its not just bad tests. they got good reviews though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Unless you haven't engaged in any activities since you gave birth - it's more than likely your PG again...  I'd set up an appt. with your OB and get checked...  It's not likely you've got HcG running through your system at this point PP from your other LO...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"