Maryland Babies
Options

WWYD: re sick kids and halloween

DD has been fighting something...  she doesn't have a fever, but she is clingy, lethargic and her appetite hasn't been normal for the last few days.  She has been well enough to go to school, but she isn't herself at all.

Tonight is trunk or treat at my nephew's school.  This was the only Halloween event that we were plannig on doing with DD, but now I am wondering if we should just keep her home... 

So, would you let your kid trick or treat or whould you keep them home? 

I am going to wait and see how she is when I get home today before deciding.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD: re sick kids and halloween

• Options
    I would probably keep her home if she's not feeling well. At this age, they don't really understand Halloween, nor will they be eating candy. I hope E feels better soon.

• Options
    I would keep her home as well. Last year, Ava wasn't into trick or treating at all and wanted to just sit on the porch and hand out candy. Maybe you could do that on Monday instead?  We'll probably do a few houses this year and let her hand out candy again this year too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We live in the middle of nowhere and have never had a single trick or treater. 

In my heart I think it is probably best to keep her home, but her Dad is SO excited. Halloween was always a big deal for us pre-baby.  We didn't do anything last year, but DH was really looking forward to taking DD this year.  I think I am more upset about him being disappointed, that probably sounds silly.

• Options

I would stay home.

If she's better on Sunday, dress her up for the day and go shopping or something or find a mall/shopping center that's doing an event.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Cold weather doesn't make you sick :) heheh  If you really want to go bundle her up really well and try to cover her face as much as possible.

However, that being said, i'd probably stay home.  I understand the disappointment bc you get hepped up to do something and a stupid cold stops you.  I guess it's part of our "new" life we signed up for.

• Options
    imageKathrynMD:

I would stay home.

If she's better on Sunday, dress her up for the day and go shopping or something or find a mall/shopping center that's doing an event.

I agree. I know that cold weather won't make her sick, but she'll be tired and possibly cranky and it's probably better if she is sleeping or taking it easy.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In the end I didn't have to decide...  she threw up her dinner.  :sigh:
  • Options
    imageweezie825:
    In the end I didn't have to decide...  she threw up her dinner.  :sigh:

oh no!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards