Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

pulling up a chair...

Hi, ladies.  I'm so happy to have found this board, despite the circumstances.  At the end of August, I got my first BFP and was overyjoyed.  I began experiencing terrible cramps and bleeding.  Because I had tested myself early, my doctor told me that I had had a chemical pregnancy.  After that, I made a deal with myself to wait more than just two weeks before taking another pregnancy test.  Had I not tested early, I probably wouldn't have been any the wiser and saved myself a lot of heartache.

I didn't get another period, and finally cracked and tested myself about 25 DPO and got another BFP.  I couldn't believe that I got pregnant again and so quickly, but made a conscious decision to be more guarded in how excited I was.  My doctor had me in right away for a check at 5 weeks and then scheduled me for my first ultrasound at 7 weeks.  On Tuesday, DH and I went in for the u/s and right away the nurse said there was nothing there and doc confirmed that this pregnancy was a blighted ovum.  He recommended waiting a week to see if I miscarry the pregnancy naturally.  If I don't, we're going to discuss a D&C or a prescription for Cytotec.

I'm so sorry for the losses you've experienced and I hope to find - and be - support in this journey until we all get our sticky, take home babies.

xo

Re: pulling up a chair...

• I am so sorry you are experiencing this miscarriage, esp. right on the heels of the chemical pregnancy.  What a hard few months.  Thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope you find this board as helpful as I have.  The women on here are truly lovely.  Again, I am so sorry for your loss, and I hope you are able to resolve the physical part of the miscarriage soon.

• i'm very sorry you are going through this. I'm glad you found this board & hope it brings you comfort. ((hugs))
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort here. 
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss. I had a blighted ovum too, and looking at that empty sac was terrible. T&P for you.
    photo 35d244fc-d783-4f72-9f87-95af3ae7a0be.jpgLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry for your loss. This board is really an amazing support. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. ((hugs))
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss. Nobody should have to go through this--let alone more than once. T&P for you and YH as you deal with this. I hope it happens quickly for you.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm so sorry you have to go through this - especially having one right after the other. I've found this board to be very supportive and I hope you do too.

imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry for your losses.  Even though it's unfortunate so many lovely women are here, it's so nice to have this support system, and I hope it helps you as it has helped me this past week.  I also have a blighted ovum, and I didn't start spotting until 8 weeks 6 days.  I've been spotting/very light bleeding since then, so I think there's still much more to come, but I'm glad I don't have to agonize over whether to wait or get the D&C.  A lot of women who have gotten the D&C are really happy with their decision so that they can move on physically faster.  I guess I'm still technically waiting to miscarry naturally.  I just wanted to give you some more information to help you with your decision.  I'm so sorry you have to make one. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you all for making me feel so welcome and much less alone.  I'm going back to the doctor on the 1st to discuss the Cytotec/D&C.  My body keeps telling me that I'm not going to miscarry naturally by then.  I'm not bleeding, not cramping, and I still have m/s and other pregnancy symptoms.  The more I read other posts, the more I'm leaning toward the D&C.  I can really see, like LivingItUpInUP said, that it's brought a lot of closure to members of the boards.

I am feeling guilty, but I keep having these thoughts of just wanting the miscarriage to happen already.  How morbid is that?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"