3rd Trimester

Water breaking? Or sweat?

I feel stupid...but do you "realize" your water is breaking?  My underwear is damp with clear liquid.  I didn't feel anything and my pants aren't wet.  Is it obvious when it breaks?

Re: Water breaking? Or sweat?

• You would know if your water broke.
  • When my water broke I wasn't sure. I took 3 showers and kept checking. Ended up going to the hospital 6 hours later and still didn't know until they looked and tested the fluid. It doesn't always gush out and can leak a bit the stop. So, if you're not sure I'd call L&D and see if they want you to come in.
    TTC#1 since May 2008 IUI#1 clomid/trigger March. 2009 BFP! TWINS! lost twin around 9 weeks. It's a girl! TTC#2 IUI#1 Dec.2010 clomid/trigger = ectopic IUI#2 Feb.2011 menopur/trigger = BFP! Beta#1 14dpiui 166 Beta#2 16dpiui 438 It's a boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagem231:
    I feel stupid...but do you "realize" your water is breaking?  My underwear is damp with clear liquid.  I didn't feel anything and my pants aren't wet.  Is it obvious when it breaks?

Call your doctor or labor and delivery and they can ask you the right questions to decide whether or not they'd like you to come in. My doctor said it would be obvious, not usually a gush but more of a feeling of continuously wetting my pants. *shrug* I don't know. This is my first baby. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I had my first, about a week before he was born I thought my water broke- a  little trickle down my leg and wet underwear.  I went to the doctor to get it checked and it turns out that I had wet my pants-she said that is common late in pregnancy.  When my water did break a week later it happened over the toilet so I didn't see the puddle but over the course of 20 minutes or so water kept leaking and I was soaking.  I know that sometimes depending on the placement of the baby's head it can just be a trickle and then the head plugs up the hole.  My doctor told me that you can smell the liquid or if you are unsure get checked. 
    E-8/9/08, A-6/7/10, W-1/11/12
  • When my water broke it was a small leak for a few hours. Then I had no clue. Now looking back I feel like I should have known, so when it doubt call L&D, bc if you don't it could not end well. GL

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
                       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When mine broke I wasn't sure at first. I felt a tiny gush when I got into bed, but I thought I had just peed a little. After I wet through a panty liner after about 20 min and then a pad I started to accept what was happening.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"