Secondary IF

New Here

Hello,

I'm new here. We have been TTC our second for nine months now. I had a gut feeling that something was wrong and sure enough an HSG this month showed a blocked fallopian tube. Our RE wants to start me on clomid and try IUI next month. Has anyone here been in a similar situation? 

Re: New Here

• Welcome, hope your stay is short and sweet. 

Was the RE able to clear the blockage? 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  •  Thank you. You too.

No. He was not. He also said that when someone has one blocked tube he needs to treat it as though they were both blocked. So if the IUI does not work after 3 months he suggests moving to IVF. I was just curious if anyone has been in similar situation and was successful with IUI. 

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board sweetie.  If your RE treats a blocked tube as if both were blocked, why is he doing IUI?  Totally not being snarky, I just don't understand. 

I hope you get to leave our party soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  •  Thank You.

Yeah, I did not understand that comment either because then he went on to say that as long as I ovulate on my unblocked side that IUI could work. 

• I have not been in your situation, but I wanted to welcome you to the board.  I hope your stay here is short and sweet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome.  I have not been in your situation before, but I wish you good luck on your ttc journey.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I have the same issue and we have moved onto IUI, one with no success as of yet.  I do ovulate on my own and from both sides.  My doctor wasn't 100% sure that my tube was blocked but thought that it could be a spasm when we did the HSG, either way the dye didn't spill on one side.
  • Just wanted to wish you luck and hope that the IUI works for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome and good luck to you.  I haven't had an HSG, I know that at least 1 tube is open but it's probably something I should do too.  Clomid should increase the odds of you o'ing on both sides, so that should help.
  • Thank you so much everyone.

And good luck to all of you.

Hnysckl426-Keep me updated on how things go with you please.  

• You too, sounds like we are in the same place.  I am going for my second IUI on Tuesday hopefully but I should be ovulating on my blocked side so I don't have a lot of faith in this cycle.
  • I'm so glad you came over here!

I've not had a blocked tube, but I've been down the IUI road 3 times...like everyone else here, I'm in your corner. good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"