Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Those who have Mirena...

what has been your experience so far? I made my appointment today to get it. I'm currently on the mini pill. DH and I decided that DD may be our only child, opposed to TTC #2 when DD turns 1. So we wanted to go with a more trustworthy BC. I'm really nervous about this!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those who have Mirena...

• Options
    I haven't had any issues at all with mine....except the bleeding. It didn't hurt when put in, I had no cramping but I have been bleeding ever since and it's been like 2 months! The bleeding ranges from light spotting to more of a heavier period bleeding and at this point I have been bleeding so long I am not sure if it just the mirena or my regular period coming back..... it sux
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday           <a href=Image and video hosting by TinyPicQuit talking about me on The Bump! Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I loved the Mirena for the fact that I never hads a period in 4 years but I had horrible side effects to the hormones in the Mirena such as weight gain (65lbs) and mood swings which we did not contribute to the iud until after I had it removed and I dropped 20lbs in less than a month and my mood swings were gone!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had horrible mood swings since getting it placed , but have had that issue with every form of bc. I think it is a good option though , and hope it works well for you
  • Options
    I hate it. It hurt like crazy putting it in, I bleed all the time and I have the worst mood swings. 
  • Options
    Have you ever tried implanon? I had that for 3 years it gets implanted into your arm; I didnt get any side effects & I loved it!
  • Options
    imageSweet Momma in Pajamas:
    Have you ever tried implanon? I had that for 3 years it gets implanted into your arm; I didnt get any side effects & I loved it!
    Loved my implanon as well. Had it the full three years then got pregnant within 2 weeks of removal lol. Unfortunately it isnt covered by my new insurance so I got mirena put in. It didnt hurt at all going in and I just had mild crampkng that day. No bleeding yet butnits only been a few days. I was really worried about the insertion but I found it less painfull than a pap.
  • Options

Oh you ladies make me really nervous now. I guess Mirena is big on the market now and that's why I hadn't thought much about Implanon. Maybe I should just schedule an appointment to talk with my doc about all my options!

• Options

I love Mirena.

I went on the mini pill first, but had an allergic reaction to it, so I had to get the IUD instead. Mirena has been great for me.

I had zero pain when they inserted it. It was super easy. My only issue was that I had about a month of spotting.  Other than that, the only other problem was that one of the threads was too long so my husband was complaining that he could feel it during sex, and that the thread is sharp so it hurt him.  I went back into the doctor and it took about 5 minutes for the thread to be trimmed shorter. Problem solved.

I think it is a great bc option

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine put in a week ago. The procedure was painful. I felt crampy for the rest of the day but nothing ibuprofen can't fix. I bled pretty heavy for a day or two, now I'm just spotting. But boy I gotta tell you it sure is worth being worry free for 5 years!
  • Options
    I have had mine for about 2 months and I love it. It did not hurt going in and I have had no issues at all with bleeding. I think everyone is different so don't be scared.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"