September 2011 Moms

Visitors

I find that our friends that have kids have given us some space in the first few weeks, and when they do come by, they won't stay for too long. My girl friends that don't have kids say they're coming over to give me a break, but they just end up coming to "hang out", stay wayyyy too long, wake my daughter up and then pass her off to me when she cries. It's pretty stressful, and it's certainly not a break! Stick out tongue

Just wondering how everyone feels about visitors now that our babies are getting a little bigger and we're getting into the swing of things? Have people stopped dropping by now that the novelty of a new baby has worn off? Are people still dropping by with food, gifts, etc?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Visitors

• my mom still comes with food :)

I think for the most part we had a lot of family to deal with visiting (DH is one of 7) and now we still have some friends to find time for visiting.

I do feel better about it depending on who it is now that he is over a month but still careful. My cousin wanted to come with his 2 kids a couple weeks ago and I managed to hold them off - THANK GOD I did because since then both of his children have been in the ICU with RSV and pneumonia! Can you imagine if they had just been here I would be a wreck! His daughter is ok but now his son is there, hope he will be ok too poor kid

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hear ya! My friend has a 4 y/o son who always has a runny nose and a cough. She always says its not contagious, but he's always wiping his nose with his hand and coughing into his hand, and then he's kissing my daughter on the face, touching her face, holding on to her paci and trying to put it in her mouth. My friend encourages him to interact with my daughter because she's expecting another baby and wants him to get used to it. I feel like he's getting used to it at the expense of my daughter's health, ya know! Not to mention he climbs all over my furniture, dances on my coffee table, throws anything he can get his hands on at my dog, and she doesn't stop him. I am constantly putting them off now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Visitors?? What are visitors? Two people have come over to see DS and I since DH was born almost 8 weeks ago. I was a teacher (SAHM now) and didn't receive not one email, phone call, or visit from anyone in my department at school...still kinda (really) ticked about that. I worked with these people for 3 years and am disappointed that no one has wanted to come see me or talk to me - the department is really small and people are pretty much family. No one has brought food, no one has come to help with anything...even my mom, who lives really close (like walking distance close) hasn't brought over any meals or anything.

I swear I'm a really nice person! lol...

• My mom says everyone thinks I'm snobby, because I can't stand for people other than my mom being here. Haha 

My mom still cooks and cleans when she comes to town. But when someone else does, like MIL she just sits on the couch and holds DD and stares at her. Of course DD cries and then she gives her back. So that's not really helpful.

Anyway, I don't really need a break from LO. I'm not over the novelty of a new baby. Lol.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The only people that have come over have been my parents and grandparents and both have been amazing help. We live about 45 mins from the city where DH family lives so they have yet to meet the baby except for his grandparents which we had to take to go visit them because none of them have a car. I'm not complaining at all because they have a bunch of kids and I don't want LO around them so small. They also feel that it is ok for their kids to hold small babies after jumping around and with dirty hands and I don't agree. The worst part is that H sees no problem with it. Hopefully I'm able to hold off having to take LO over to his families place a few more weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"