Maybe its just pregnancy hormones............ — The Bump
Baby Showers

Maybe its just pregnancy hormones............

So my mom and sister are supposed to be throwing me a shower. They both have very busy lives. They both offered to throw me shower. I ordered my own invites, addressed them and got them sent out, ordered my decorations, and also gave my mom a detailed list of what to get at the store for the party. My mom has paid for it all, so its not like it is coming out of my pocket. But I guess I have hurt feelings because I feel like I am doing it all myself. I don't want to throw myself a shower. I had friends that were really wanting to throw me one, but since my mom and sister said they wanted to, I turned them down. I feel as though this shower has been more of a hassle to them than anything. I mean, I have pretty much planned the whole thing. My sister does go to school and then work part-time, my mom has a full time job, but I am also pregnant and working full time!! I feel like my sister could of offered to help with my invites, but everytime I call her about something with the shower she either has this off the wall idea or she acts super flighty. My in-laws don't really get into stuff like this either, they wouldn't even give me a list of invites, so I had to get on off my husband (he had no clue). I just feel like no one is really into it, some good friends aren't even going to be there. I normally understand, but for some reason all this is making me feel down. Maybe its just my hormones, usually I am ok with being the take charge type of person, but this has really made me feel sorry for myself. And normally I don't get like that and can remain positive, etc, etc. Sorry, just venting. I haven't said much to anyone because I feel like I am being a spoiled brat.

Re: Maybe its just pregnancy hormones............

• Can you maybe tell your mom and sis that friends had offered to help and have the friends be in charge of games and prizes?  They'll probably come up with something nice that can be a surprise to you.  Just a thought!
  • imagedchasteen1:

So my mom and sister are supposed to be throwing me a shower. They both have very busy lives. They both offered to throw me shower. I ordered my own invites, addressed them and got them sent out, ordered my decorations, and also gave my mom a detailed list of what to get at the store for the party. My mom has paid for it all, so its not like it is coming out of my pocket. But I guess I have hurt feelings because I feel like I am doing it all myself. I don't want to throw myself a shower. I had friends that were really wanting to throw me one, but since my mom and sister said they wanted to, I turned them down. I feel as though this shower has been more of a hassle to them than anything. I mean, I have pretty much planned the whole thing. My sister does go to school and then work part-time, my mom has a full time job, but I am also pregnant and working full time!! I feel like my sister could of offered to help with my invites, but everytime I call her about something with the shower she either has this off the wall idea or she acts super flighty. My in-laws don't really get into stuff like this either, they wouldn't even give me a list of invites, so I had to get on off my husband (he had no clue). I just feel like no one is really into it, some good friends aren't even going to be there. I normally understand, but for some reason all this is making me feel down. Maybe its just my hormones, usually I am ok with being the take charge type of person, but this has really made me feel sorry for myself. And normally I don't get like that and can remain positive, etc, etc. Sorry, just venting. I haven't said much to anyone because I feel like I am being a spoiled brat.

Maybe she no longer really wants to do anything because when she tells you what she's going to do you shoot it down and don't let them.  It seems like you took over the planning process of your own shower instead of letting the hosts do everything.  I wouldn't be into it either if the mom I was trying to give a gift to bulldozed over me.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards