Philadelphia Babies

Philadelphia Area Pro Vegetarian & Alternate Vaccine Schedule Pediatrician

Hello Ladies,

I am 22weeks and I am starting my research for pediatricians preferably in the Philadelphia area.  I am willing to travel 30 -45 mins outside the city. My husband and I are looking for pediatricians who support an alternative vaccine schedule, support my vegetarian life style and raising my child as a vegetarian.  Please let me know if there is a pediatrician out there that will respect my wishes.  My search is making me think that this is impossible. Thanks in advance.

Re: Philadelphia Area Pro Vegetarian & Alternate Vaccine Schedule Pediatrician

• I too am looking for a doctor that will let me develop my own schedule. I know that with all doctors it is ultimately up to the parent but I have went with other moms to help them be a voice at their doctors and I hate how they can be so dismissive and act like my concerns over vaccinations are based on hear say and that I havent spent countless hours reading medical journals and peer reviewed studies. 

Anyway, I found a doctor in phoenixville, pa (not sure of the spelling) if that is in a good area for you I can send you the information.  

• I second Dr. Kaplan. We switched to PCG April of this year after our previous pedi stopped allowing patients to follow an alternative schedule. I typically see Kaplan, but have also seen two of the other doctors who have also allowed us to split shots. I usually like for DS to get 2 or 3 at each visit and then come back in 6 weeks for the rest. DS 1 had a bad reaction to MMR, so I asked about delaying it for DS 2. They give it at 15 months, which I would be comfortable with.  The waits can sometimes be a bit lengthy, but overall, I am very happy with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to Margiotti & Kroll. Totally liked them, but wasn't a fan when they told me mid-way through DS 2 month well visit they would no longer allow you to split shots. They had changed their policy two months prior to that and didn't think it was important to notify any of their patients.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"