C-sections
Options

Fevers, migraines, chills&sweats ...

3 wks post partum on this past Sunday. Since discharge I have been dealing with high fevers on and off, migraines 3-4 times/week if not everyday.... Chills and night/day sweats. I had 2 spinals at the time of my CS, and then developed subdural headaches needing a blood patch (more needles in my back) on my day of discharge. I had a high fever a few days post discharge so I called and they prescribed an antibiotic but the next day at my appt the fever was gone and they said don't take the abx. Being home 2 weeks I now have another fever of 102.1 with headaches almost daily. I NEVER got headaches before this delivery. I usually have the chilis several times throughout the day and occasional sweats. Today I am developing a sore throat. This is absolutely miserable and I would wish it on anyone... I am calling my OB first thing in the am but wanted to see if you ladies have experienced any of this and what was the result? And btw I got my flu shot about a month ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fevers, migraines, chills&sweats ...

• Options
    That sounds miserable - I'm sort you are going through this. I had the chills/night sweats but none of he other symptoms you are describing. My doctor said that was a normal hormonal reaction after birth. I hope your doc has some answers and I hope you feel better!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had the chills and sweats, but nothing else that you described. Hopefully your doctor can get you feeling better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry you're feeling like crap!

Are you breastfeeding? I had fevers on and off for several weeks after my delivery. When I got the fever, I would be freezing cold and my body ached like I got hit by a truck. The fever never went over 101, though. I talked to my OB twice about it and she checked me for Lyme and did bloodwork to check my white cell count to make sure there was no infection (there wasn't).

She attributed the fevers to a combo of the crazy hormonal changes happening and possibly clogged ducts coming and going due to breastfeeding.

The headaches are probably due to the fevers. Take Tylenol/acetominiphen and have a cup of caffeine when you feel one coming on. I think you should ask your doctor to do bloodwork, just to check for infection, because your fever is pretty high. If everything comes back okay, then it's probably similar to what I had. I'd say I didn't have a fever past 2m, so it does go away. Hang in there and get some help with the baby if you can! Feel better soon. 

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had these symptoms along with back pain about 5-6 days after DS was born via c/s.  Turned out I had an infection in my uterus.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"