Pennsylvania Babies

Reviews for PinnacleHealth/ Harrisburg Hospital

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could offer a review of PinnacleHealth and Harrisburg Hospital. Did you have a good birthing experience there?   Thanks!

Re: Reviews for PinnacleHealth/ Harrisburg Hospital

• Yes, both of my sons were born at Harrisburg Hospital.  I had a great experience with both.  The staff was friendly, helpful, and willing to work with my requests.  We didn't have many requests, but requested delay of the eye drops, and we kept our son with us the majority of the time.  I definitely would recommend them for delivery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also would absolutely recommend Harrisburg Hospital. My son was born there last December, and I plan to deliver my second there as well.

Every nurse was patient, and took my requests and questions seriously. I was able to spend a considerable amount of time in a jacuzzi tub to ease the pain. Even though the labor and delivery rooms were full, when I finally decided on the epidural, I received it within 10 minutes (I've hear horror stories from other hospitals!).

My son was born with his cord around his neck 3 times, and the NICU staff were waiting for him. They kept me calm and took care of him quickly.

The hospital was clean, and security is a top priority. All babies have a chip attached to their umbilical cord to prevent leaving the floor, and the maternity ward nurses all have color coded tags to ensure safety.

At all times, I felt as though mine and my son's care were the top priority, and am excited to deliver there again! I hope this helps...if you have any specific questions just let me know!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered my son there too. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

Their security is fantastic and the nurses will take a beating from pushy family members without batting an eye. If you don't want them back there, just tell them. They'll make sure you aren't bothered.

I was delivered by a midwife named Emily Geiman. She's part of my OBGYN practice (partners in women's healthcare) so I'm not sure if you'd be able to get her or not. I never intended to use a midwife, it just worked out that way with availability when I went in. If I were going to have more kids though, I'd intentionally try to get Emily again. It was more like having a good friend there instead of an impersonal doctor. She'd chit-chat with both me and H in between pushing contractions and everything was very calm.

There's a nurse on 9 (the recovery floor) that I loved. Her name was Ellie. She was awesome... young, full of energy and she's really good with the babies.

There was one nurse that I didn't like at all. Her name was Naomi. She p!ssed me off something fierce. I asked for a motrin (I was allowed to have one every 6 hours for pain) and this was the first time I had requested it. She gave me a hard time about it and didn't want to give it to me. I finally reminded her that I just had a baby less than 24 hours prior, I was in labor for over 51 hours, I had a 2nd degree tear and it was the first time I asked for pain meds since the epidural.

I mean come on. It wasn't some narcotic that I was requesting every 4 hours to the minute. It was ibuprofen. It wasn't until I picked up the phone to call the nurse manager that she finally forked it over. I called the nurse manager anyway and nurse ratchet was removed from the rotation.

• Thanks for all the responses; this definitely makes me feel better. We are new to the area and it's so hard to know. Thanks so much!

• I am delivering at Harrisburg.  It's my first so I don't personally have any experience but I know several people that have and they all recommend Harrisburg. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"