1st Trimester

My first aversion this pregnancy: Water.

Last night, our water (we use a Pur 2-stage filter on our tap water) started tasting like patchouli. Freaking patchouli, ya'll! DH has no idea what I'm talking about and it's not bothering DS, so it's got to be my crazy hormonally-effed-up sense of taste. WTF. 
Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary

Re: My first aversion this pregnancy: Water.

• That's hilarious! I wouldn't say I have an aversion to water, but I don't love it as much as I used to. I kind of need to force myself to drink it, whereas I used to crave ice cold water all day long! I found that drinking club soda has been a good way to mix it up :)
  • imageefirgs:
    That's hilarious! I wouldn't say I have an aversion to water, but I don't love it as much as I used to. I kind of need to force myself to drink it, whereas I used to crave ice cold water all day long! I found that drinking club soda has been a good way to mix it up :)

Me too!  I would drink at least 2 Nalgene's worth of water a day!  Now, I'm lucky if I finish one!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • i had to put lemon in my water for the first 8-9 weeks. i would mix it with orange juice or gatorade, too
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• My sister couldn't stand the taste of water with her first pregnancy until she was 26 weeks. I felt so bad for her. When she would try to drink it, it would make her gag. It was awful.

I love ice cream, but when pregnant even thinking about it makes me sick. Typing this makes me feel sick. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yup. makes me GAG. i try to drink at least a bottle throughout the day to supplement juice and milk, and i found that it's a little more bearable when it's ice cold. GL!
  • Hahaha. I've actually been craving big cups of ice cold water. Before I was so/so on it- I drank it because I knew I should. Now I love it. So weird. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't stand water throughout this pregnancy so far.....you're not alone =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Too much water makes me feel sick!  I hate having to drink so much and not being able to drink the flavored kind! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It's so weird! I NEVER used to drink water before and now.. it's all I can drink!! I can't drink soda, juice or anything.. other than maybe milk, which I drank today just fine. I guess you can say every drink other than water is my aversion!

Good luck.. and maybe get some bottled water for a while. Smile

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I used to drink water all day long, everyday and now I have such a hard time with it. Makes me gag. I have to mix it with lemons and limes and it's still so hard to choke down. I'm hoping this aversion doesn't last too long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate water now too.  I'm usually a good water drinker but now, yuck!  It makes me nauseous.  Ice cold with fresh lemon juice is the only way I can really stomach it now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"