Indiana Babies

Question re: kids in coats and carseats

Last year V was in an infant seat, so I kept her warm with a BundleMe over the seat. Now she's in a convertible seat and I tried to put her in with a coat on the other day and I couldn't get the straps to close without loosening them pretty significantly.  This worries me, though, that in an accident the coat would compress and she could potentially slide out of the straps, even though they have been tightened around the coat.  What do y'all do with kids in their coats during the winter?  Am I being paranoid?
No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Question re: kids in coats and carseats

• This will be our first winter with a baby, but we have a fleece jacket for him instead of a thick winter coat. He will wear the fleece and I'll have blankets in the car to cover him. I've heard NO winter coats in car seats so we are staying away from them.

• No, you're not being paranoid. It was my understanding that nothing thicker than a fleece jacket should go under car seat straps. I'm still in the infant seat/Bundle Me stage, but think you're 100% right to not put her in the convertible seat with a coat on for the very reason you mentioned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Ladies!  I just happen to have a Gap gift card so I guess I will be heading to look at some fleeces there!
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"