North Carolina Babies
Options

Thanksgiving Poll

I was coming to do this poll to liven things up but the other ECU already did that!  Congrats again my friend :)

Let's talk about food.

What are your Thanksgiving favorites?

I'm trying to help out with a menu so help me out :)

Re: Thanksgiving Poll

• Options
    my SIL makes an amazing sweet pot dish...but i don't have the recipe to help you out... it's got brown sug and uses canned yams, which i thought i would hate, but actually love
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This year we have to have 2 Thanksgivings a "faux" one two weeks before and then the real thing.

Generally my favorite thing is the sweet potato casserole with pecan crumble topping that I make and the pumpkin pie. I made a Paula Deen pumpkin cheesecake last year that was SO good. I'm kind of bummed this year since our actual "day of" TG will just be my little family. Not sure what we are going to make. I always need an original veggie dish.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

:) Thanks!

My Thanksgiving favorites are mashed potatoes, my mom's sweet potato casserole (she uses a pecan topping instead of marshmallows), my mom's dressing, DH's grandma's baked potato casserole and MIL's potato salad. My family never did mac & cheese for Thanksgiving, but I'm always pro-mac & cheese. For dessert, we just do pumpkin pie and pecan pie.

I could easily skip the turkey and just eat all the sides and dessert.

• Options
    The stuffing :) and anything covered in gravy.
  • Options
    I love Thanksgiving dinner!  My favorite parts are green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, and turkey.  Plus of course pumpking pie!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLawren:
    The stuffing :) and anything covered in gravy.

haha me too! Smile

• Options

My favorites are mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and gravy! :) I always enjoy corn pudding too. My mom made a really good broccoli dish recently - she called it stuffed broccoli, with a cream of something soup - I can't remember what else was in it.

And its not dessert without pumpkin pie & whipped cream. (NOT cool whip!) 

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    imagebecki777:

See, I like my pumpkin pie with Cool Whip... NOT whipped cream from the can. hehe. 

And I also like gravy covered (fill in the blank). I make my grandmother's dressing, and it is so good (although mine isn't as good as hers!)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:
    imagebecki777:

See, I like my pumpkin pie with Cool Whip... NOT whipped cream from the can. hehe. 

And I also like gravy covered (fill in the blank). I make my grandmother's dressing, and it is so good (although mine isn't as good as hers!)

The only thing I really like cool whip on is Jello. Otherwise it just doesn't belong.  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    I love cool whip. I could eat it straight out of the tub :)
  • Options
    imagebecki777:
    imageMrsHughesNC:
    imagebecki777:

The only thing I really like cool whip on is Jello. Otherwise it just doesn't belong.  

I'm a dream whip type of girl. Can't beat it (especially on pumpkin pie!). I like that I can make it up fresh!

I love my mom's mashed potatoes (with milk and sour cream in it) and of course, the pumpkin pie.  I can't eat just anyone's stuffing though.. I'm very picky about that. It has to be like my moms or I don't like it!

• Options
    I love all the casseroles: squash, corn, green bean & broccoli (to clarify, not together, separately). Our feast isn't complete without fresh cranberry sauce (whole cranberries, sugar, water & OJ) and some fruit salad concoction.  For some reason we never had mashed potatoes, just sweet potatoes. Mmm, me want Thanksgiving dinner now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageLawren:
    I love cool whip. I could eat it straight out of the tub :)
    Me too! :-) I love it frozen too. hehe..

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    my favorite is homemade gravy with mashed potatoes. yummm
    Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
    3/6/16 BFP 
    EDD: 11/14/16

• Options

-Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows (don't much care for the pecan topping)

-Broccoli/cheddar casserole

-Stuffed mushrooms (not sure what was in it - parmesan, garlic, herbs... yum)

-DH loves stuffing, with lots of gravy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"