Special Needs
Options

LZR7 treatments..anyone have experieince w/ ADHD?

Went to a wellness place and this is what they are recommending.  I am a hopeful skeptic, but my preliminary searches can not find any info except from "professionals" who are advertising their services with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LZR7 treatments..anyone have experieince w/ ADHD?

• Options
    image-auntie-:

I have no familiarity with it at all, but when any treatment is endorsed for such a wide range of conditions my bullshit alarm goes off.

Like this website-

https://www.laserallergy.com/index.php/faq/

They're curing everything from fibromylagia, to autism, to bloating. Huh? And I love the allegation that it's like Lasik which isn't covered by insurance. Umm, Lasik is for lots of people I know.

Another red flag for voodoo? I googled "lzr7" and "adhd" I get a single hit and it's in Latin.

I like a behavioral approach to adhd along with structural modifications to support the child or adult. Limiting screen time, adequate rest and exercise seems to help most people. The Feingold diet has been largely disproven, but some families swear by it. Meds can be useful,for some, if carefully chosen.

we have a very structured life, well balanced diet and very carefully thought out and planned accomodations at school, but still struggling with work completion and overall attention.  I am down to exploring less traditional options to augment.

• Options
    She is 8, and no, we have been pretty tradional up till now..any links to share?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We did behavior thereapy weekly until the cost was not feasible anymore, we now go once a month.  She has extensive accomodations (and a very supportive teacher who goes beyond them).  She participates in weekly structured extra-curriculars (dance, soccer, and drama) to allow for excercise and creative outlet for attention.  We follow a well balanced, but realistic diet (occasional fast food, minimal processed food, mostly home cooked fresh meals high in protien, high in fresh produce, low in refined things).

We have tried maximum structure at home, but that made things worse, she seems to thrive under chaos and deadlines, and will actually remain calm when others around her are stressed and focus more with lots of environmental input.

We also tried Vyvanse, the lowest dose (actually 1/2 of the lowest) but she ended up at the childrens hospital b/c she was so strung out after 1 dose, it took a lot of valium before they would release her.  NO STIMULANTS  ever allowed again!

Her Hyperactivity has settled a bit, though still there, but her biggest school issue is drifting and distractability..she will start an assignment and think about her reading book, and get it out to re-read her favorite part...staying on task.  But she is NOT defiant or obstinant, can be redirected easily..however it needs to be every few minutes.  She has above average IQ, and when kept on task easily preforms on grade level.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"