April 2011 Moms

Teething and vomiting related?

So my son Gavin is 6 months old. He doesnt have any teeth, but from what I can tell he's definately teething. His 6 month appt the doctor had said his gums were swollen. He keeps chewing on his paci and fingers too. Hes had a lack of appetite in the evenings and mornings. This morning he had diarrhea and the past 3 nights he has thrown up in the early am (around 2-4am). I know they say vomiting and diarrhea arent related, but Im curious if maybe they are. I have read other sites that say they are. Its just very confusing for being a first time mother. I did call the pedi and they didnt seem concerned about it. I just feel badly for him to be getting sick. He seems fine during the day also. Any advice or comparison would be appreciated!!

Re: Teething and vomiting related?

• I was going to ask this also. My LO will be 6 months on Saturday and has started spitting up the last week. I wouldn't call it vomiting- because it isn't alot, but it is often- and we don't have the diarrhea, but I'm wondering if all the acid from the drool is upsetting her stomach.

I'm going to order an amber teething necklace.

• I read about that a lot. The nurse told me to prop the head of his bed up to help with his drool since that may be whats upsetting his stomach. Its so difficult lol. I did what she said and it seemed slightly better last night. He just isnt fussy or anything so I can never tell when something is wrong. Is your baby also not wanting to eat at certain times? He stopped eating solid food all together!
  • Loading the player...
  • We joke around that DD is bulimic during teething.  She's constantly making herself vomit by shoving her entire hand in her mouth. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wonder if thats what my baby is doing every time he throws up at night. It seems to me hes just waking up and getting sick. I just want it to stop and go away..

• I told LO last night- only rock star's and model's make themselves throw up and she's not ready yet. Stick out tongue

I gave her Tylenol last night and she ate like a champ and didn't spit up at all.

• Thats hilarious!! I may just give him tylenol a half hour before bed and then feed him!! Thanks again.
  • My son has been throwing up once a day for the past few weeks and I completely think it's teething related.  I have a Dr's appt this week, so I am going to talk to the doctor then.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd love to hear what your doctor says. I've decided if he keeps going that I'm taking him to get looked at on Saturday. He is happy and playful and normal, just acts up in the evenings. I'm thinking I may start tylenol until hes back to normal.
  • imagekcarbonell:
    We joke around that DD is bulimic during teething.  She's constantly making herself vomit by shoving her entire hand in her mouth

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"