LGBT Parenting

TTT

What are your 10 things for today?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: TTT

• 1. I am doing this from 30,000 miles in the sky. Gotta love WiFi in the sky! Best $12 spent today.

2. I don't know what it is about airline seats that hurt my back so badly. My lower back is killing me. I don't normally have back issues.

3. I had to be up at 3:45am to get to the airport. Yawn. I am hoping that I can nap en route - but with my back, it isn't looking good.

4. I also love Virgin America - I am also watching The Today Show while flying.

5.  I wonder how L getting the kids to school went this morning.

6. I am glad S is home and wish her a speedy recovery.

7. Nothing else right now. Maybe I will come up with something later.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1.  We are halfway through our two week wait...this is TORTURE!!!! 

2.  I am substitute teaching for my wife today.  We dont know if it is the HcG, the progesterone, a baby, or just a random muscle thing but she is in BAD back pain.  I have never seen her like this. 

3.  It is really throwing her students for a loop tht I am Mrs. D too.  When they ask how we are related I say its classified.  Nothing better than irritating teenagers at 8 am.

4.  I am exhausted from life.  Teaching full-time, grad school full-time, plus trying to keep up with an injured, possibly pregnant wife while prepping for the next round of IUIs in case she is not.

5.  We are going to use clomid (at REs suggestion) next cycle if this one didnt work but we are a little nervous about the multiples factor.

6.  Is it lunchtime yet.  I was running late and skipped breakfast my pouch is NOT happy.

7.  I sub mostly at tougher schools, it is exhausting but rewarding.  My wife teaches some spoiled kids that are scared of mom and dad, it makes for an easy teaching day (except for her one class uggggg).

8.  I actually taught math today for the first time is a few years...it felt fantastic.

9.  I wish I would hear back from the school of social work already.

10.  I am really really happy to hear N2A is home and doing better. Strokes scare the hell out of me after seeing it happen.  I wish all the best to her and her family.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) Yay for N2A being home!

2) Ky stayed over at my borther's house last night since she is there evey Monday and is there Tuesday this week since Ann works....I am one very sad mommy today. I missed my nighttime hugs and kisses and snuggles.

3) Even rationalizing that I got an extra 90 minutes of sleep is not helping.

4) I really want a bagel and soup for lunch today but I am making soup for dinner so I think 2 soups in one day is overkill.

5) I am in love with my crock pot. Working mom's BEST FRIEND! I make all kinds of stuff in mine!

6) I cannot get over how cute Ky was in her duck costume.

7) I am glad I bought my sweater in today. I am freezing....

8) I had a peppermint mocha yesterday that was actually really pepperminty and now I want another.

9) I am slightly annoyed with DW today but I am tyring to forget about it....

10) Still waiting around for AF....

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1. Glad N2A is home with her family.

2. Non-event planners that attempt to plan events really frustrate me.

3. The wife will be home soon.

4. Because of #3 I'm busting my azz to get a million things done.

5. November is looking to be a much busier month than I expected.

6. I've been helping a sick/disabled friend fill out a bunch of paperwork.  It never fails to amaze me the amount of hoops we make people jump through to get medical care.

7. I'm determined to make today a very productive work day.

8. Lovin' my mileage reimbursement this month.  Should be over $90. woo-hoo!

9. Gotta go talk to a co-worker.

10. Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Is anyone else using all their votes for Chaz on this season of DWTS?  He tries so hard and I see him improving so I want him to stick around even though I enjoy JR and Ricki's dancing more.

2. Why did the Glee season start and then suddenly stop???  It's starts back up in November but why the break?  Was it the backlash about the adoption plot?

3. Tomorrow should be our last SW visit for Iz and although I love her SW, I am glad to not have the visits anymore.  I'm ready to be Iz's mommy without people checking in on us.

4. I made White Bean and Garlic Stew for dinner last night, 15 whole cloves of garlic ladies, let's hope I don't sweat today.

5. I've been itching to get a call for a placement, I know it's not likely to happen soon because our age range is so narrow right now but it would be nice.

6. Our house goes up for auction in 5 days, still no lease from the LL, I am starting to freak out.

7. J told me last night that she isn't sure if she wants to stay at the store she is helping out at or if she wants to go back to her home store when the 30 days are up.  She is basically being handed the promotion if she stays but says she isn't happy there.  I have to support her but we've been waiting for this promotion and she is pretty much walking away from it, I'm confused, she won't have another opportunity for a promotion for awhile if she passes this up.

8. I made pumpkin butter on Sunday, yummy!

9. I should have planted swiss chard for the Fall harvest, it would have been perfect in the soup last night.

10. A has soccer practice tonight, I will be glad to get out of the house.

• 1. We don't have much in the way of groceries right now, and we're trying to hold out until payday to buy more. I had two vegan corndogs and a cup of coffee for breakfast.

2. I need to remember to make a batch of steel cut oats tonight so I can eat something breakfast-y tomorrow.

3. I can't believe the Northern Lights were visible in this area last night when we didn't even see them in southern New Zealand. I wish I had known ahead of time and planned to drive out to the country to catch them - there was too much light pollution to see them from anywhere near our house. Seeing the aurora is definitely number one on my things-to-do-in-this-lifetime list!

4. I planned on taking yesterday off, but it turned out to be unnecessary so I came to work and finished everything I had planned to do today. Too bad that didn't even put a dent in my overall to-do list.

5. Wondering if the neighbors want to come over for pizza and movies on Halloween, or if they have plans like cool kids.

6. I wish I had some candy corn.

7. I wish they sold candy corn in single-serving bags. I know you can occasionally get them in little bags to hand out, but you have to buy a giant bag of little bags.

8. Trying to figure out who would get the furniture and stuff if Jen has to move before me, and who would find a furnished room to rent.

9. Also trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to ship our car than to drive it 3,000 miles and pay for food, hotel and gas for two people. Or who that second person would be, if I can't get the time off work.

10. I need some candy corn. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1. I am feeling frazzled,  by work and personal life.  Doing half of two jobs (my old one and my promotion) is a lot harder than just doing one job, even if 1/2 + 1/2 = 1.

2. I wore through the fabric on my favorite jeans last weekend, so I had to pull out an older pair that I had previously abandoned as too big.  They're still too big, but it's depressing that they're wearable.

3.  I think I might need to break and buy some fall work clothes.  :)

4. I just wrote something about a gift for DW, but I realized she might read this so I better delete.  But our anniversary is in a week!.

5. I am signed up to get a free flu shot tomorrow, but now I realize I need to reach somebody at the RE and see if that's ok.

6.  I am excited for Thanksgiving.  Is it too early for that?

7. I had to make a child maltreatment call on Friday and now I am being grilled about whether I did my job.  This is just routine and its to protect the parent's rights, but it still annoys me every time.

8. I need a haircut.

9. People with old school boomboxes on the street really amuse me.

10. I have been thinking a lot about N2A and TWB and their kids.  I hope N2A's recovery is quick and complete.   

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • imageleapgirl8:

9. Also trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to ship our car than to drive it 3,000 miles and pay for food, hotel and gas for two people. Or who that second person would be, if I can't get the time off work.

I shipped my truck when I moved.  I would have loved to drive cross-country but it was the middle of winter and I had zero interest in dealing with snow.  Back in 2005 it cost me $900 (ish) to ship a Chevy Silverado.  

• 1. I'm glad N2A is home and I hope her recovery goes well.

2. I've had a cold for 2 weeks now and it will not go away.

3. I had my flu shot already (because I work at a hospital) so I know this is not the flu and I just want to stop coughing.

4. I'm going to see the dermatologist for a skin exam today. Nothing like baring your every little blemish.

5. Last night I took E to storytime at the library and she got to wear her costume. Seeing the smaller babes in their cute little costumes made me miss that age.

6. Does anyone else have coworkers who don't pick up after themselves at work? We have one (who is a mom of a 3 year old, mind you!) here and it secretly drives me nuts.

7. I need to dig in and get work done today but I feel like a nap.

8. I'm taking E to the children's theatre this weekend for our first play of the season and I can't wait. Last year was so much fun.

Guess I've only got 8 for today...

• 1. Not much going on today.

2. Loved my weekend just me and the dog. I mean, I really liked it. I love L and miss her when she's not here, but I haven't had any time "just me" in a looooong time. 

3. I am going to have to remember to at least schedule a few hours or an afternoon by myself every once in awhile once we have kids.

4. I got several Christmas presents completed and am really happy with that! 

5. I would really like to make some kid presents. 

6. We have NO plans for Halloween. I love handing out candy, but I think I will actually be a little sad this year. 

7. I wasn't expecting to be sad, but since we're so ready for kids, I am. 

8. Makes me have a lot more empathy for all you TTC ladies. 

9. I think we'll be one of those people at Target at ten pm the day before trick or treating trying to get a costume for a kid. The people I never had any sympathy for--plan ahead!  But I can't!

10. Our favorite neighbors are letting us use half of their deep freezer... off to pinterest to search for freezer meals!

• 1. So very happy my wife is home, and so very grateful for the support of all the wonderful people on this board.

2. I am just about at the end of my holding-it-all-together rope.

3. I've already cried twice today at work and I've talked to a grand total of 3 people. I don't like those odds.

4. At times like this, I really wish I had a more understanding boss. Thankfully I haven't seen her yet.

5. Did I mention yet that our hot water heater sprung a massive leak Thursday night? And that we couldn't get it replaced till yesterday afternoon? 4 days of freezing cold showers, a basement full of ruined boxes and furniture, and $1,200 later we are just barely beginning to dig out from that lovely experience.

6. Also, the kids are under the weather (fevers, grouchy, up all night). I've gotten a grand total of 5 hours of sleep in the past two nights.

7. When it rains...

8. Could I just be done with hard stuff, now, please? I just need an itsy bitsy break to catch my breath.

9. All whining aside, I know how very blessed I am to have these things be the extent of my problems.

10. Time to go drain the savings account to pay the hot water heater, daycare, and hospital bills. TTFN!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • 1. I am so tired it hurts. I think the stress is getting to me.

2. I am also thrilled that N2A is home and sending speedy recovery vibes her way.

3. Because I am such a good Jew, I am trying to figure out where you can hire someone to put holiday lights on the house. I  just want white lights but still, not sure Moses would approve.

4. Sometimes I wish DW would turn vegetarian. I hate making two dinners every night.

5. Pandora is one tough cookie.  She just took down LMC in a play-kitchen battle :-)

6. 6.25 hours left until DW comes home.  That feels really long and overwhelming today.

7. I am so excited for Halloween. The girls are going to look so cute!

8. I wish we had a mother's helper. I think the distraction would cut down on LMC's drama.  I am at my wits end.

9. Who wants Chinese? I would kill for some spicy green beans and egg rolls right now.

10. It's cliche to ask for hugs and T&P's but I could really use some right now.

1. Hugs for Duchess
    2. And hugs for TWB....and many wishes for a super boring and peaceful next few months!
    3. I'm in a job related funk. I need a change. Big time.
    4. I had my hair cut and colored recently. Love the color  (a rich chocolate brown), hate the cut--too many flippy pieces!
    5. One of our best friends in getting married Saturday night in an outdoor ceremony & reception at a farm. I just checked the weather and it's calling for rain and a high of 46. brrrr
    6. I think I'm going to try to twist DW's arm to go out to dinner tonight to a local irish pub. I need a burger and a beer.
    7. Is it ever too late to send thank you notes? DS was baptised on Aug 7th and I still havent sent ty notes for his gifts. so bad.
    8. My parents are flying in to spend the weekend with us. They'll watch DS while we spend the night away for the wedding.
    9. I'm excited for DS's first halloween. Can't wait to dress him up and take him to see a few neighbors.
    10. I don't think DS is eating enough now that he refuses to let us spoon feed him. He's all about feeding himself and not much makes it into his mouth.
  • imagethemommymonster:
    imageEratMama:

9. I think we'll be one of those people at Target at ten pm the day before trick or treating trying to get a costume for a kid. The people I never had any sympathy for--plan ahead!  But I can't!

They are 30% off! :)

Don't tease me like that!  I know they are on sale!  But, I have no idea if I will need one (will we get a child this week??) or what size (s) we will need.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"