Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

When do babies usually get molars?

I just noticed tonight that DD has 4 molars already. So she has 12 teeth total. Is that normal? I thought molars didn't come in until much later.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When do babies usually get molars?

• Options

I think it varies by kid, DD has 4 molars, and 13 teeth total.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    It's maybe a tiny bit on the early side but totally normal. Grant cut all 4 molars by 17 months.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A cut all 4 1st Molars in 3 days a few weeks ago. I think she has about 15 teeth total now.
    waysidemommy@gmail.com
  • Options
    My guy only has 5 teeth and didn't get his 1st tooth until he was 15.5 mos.  I think teething is one of those things that is all over the place in terms of timing.
  • Options
    Average is all over the place. The range for having all 20 baby teeth is between 12 and 36 moths which is a huge range in terms of baby development. My kid still only has his 2 bottom teeth.
  • Options
    There are one year molars. Isabelle has 4, making 12 teeth total.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options
    There are the 1-year molars and the 2-year molars. My DD got her 1-year molars the week she turned 1. But they were coming in for 2 months before. It was so bad that her gums turned purple (because of the bleeding underneath) and when they finally broke through she bled a lot. :(  I hear that the 2-year molars can come any time after 20 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS has all 4 of his 1st year molars,making 17 teeth. All kids are different,are molars usually the last to come in? Anytime within the first year is "normal". There's such a huge huge range for teeth.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    It varies. DD2 started getting her molars at 13 months and now has all 4 in. I think the canines are starting to come in now. You are lucky that you didn't even notice them coming in! Molars=misery for everyone in this house.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Options
    imageshakes:
    DS has all 4 of his 1st year molars,making 17 teeth. All kids are different,are molars usually the last to come in? Anytime within the first year is "normal". There's such a huge huge range for teeth.
    Yes, molars are typically last to come in (in baby teeth). A common variation is for the canines to come in after the molars, though.
  • Options

imagenaybride04:
    It varies. DD2 started getting her molars at 13 months and now has all 4 in. I think the canines are starting to come in now. You are lucky that you didn't even notice them coming in! Molars=misery for everyone in this house.

This is why I'm so surprised. Most of her teething has been pretty easy, but I figured molars would be rough. I didn't even really notice anything different with her. She's been a little more whiny the last two weeks, but I thought it was just her going through a phase.

• Options

1st molars are around 1 year

2nd molars are around 2 years

https://umibrahim.tripod.com/id25.html

then they get another set (6 year molars) but my DD got them at 4.75.  DS1 doesn't have those yet.  Finally there is the dreaded wisdom teeth : )

Currently only DS2 has his first molars  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Teething can be all over the place, but there are one year and two year molars. This is the picture my doctor has at her office:

• Options
    DS has four molars (12 teeth total). He got the molars around 15 months, I think.

• Options
    Finn cut his top 2 molars around 11 months (they're taking forever to come all the way in).  I think we'll see the bottom ones very soon.  He'll definitely have 10 teeth by his 1st birthday, maybe 12 if the bottom molars cut in the next few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"