April 2011 Moms
Options

Wheat/Brown Rice Introduction...

When did you or do you plan on introducing wheat or brown rice products to your LO? 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Wheat/Brown Rice Introduction...

• Options
    I introduced wheat a week ago (gave DS wheat toast to gum on). We have no history of wheat allergy, so I decided to go for it. He had no reaction and really liked it. We don't eat much brown rice, though, so I don't know about when I'll be introing that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We skipped the white rice and oatmeal cereals.  He gets a mix of brown rice and whole grain cereals (quinoa, amaranth & whole oats) at least once a day for over a month but he prefers "real" food -- carrots, peaches, mango -- so I'm now mixing the cereal into the other things so we use it up.  He's just not a fan of cereals... but he'll enthusiastically eat an entire jar (2.5 - 3 ozs) of real food in one sitting.

I'm using the HappyBaby brand cereals; the cereals are called HappyBellies and include pro-biotics to help with constipation (pretty common when they start solids).  I mix the cereals in 1:1 ratio, then add formula to get close to correct consistency, add in the "real" food and mix well.

Good luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gave DS some toast a week or so ago. My pedi cleared us to try it whenever we wanted since he said delaying won't prevent a wheat allergy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"