Special Needs

XP: Birthday party and commemorating a death..?

Now this is so odd that I'm going to come off sounding like a troll, but I swear its true. I'm not sure which board to post on..The twins were born on the same day as ex-FIL's death. (amicable divorce) DH and I knew him for a long time - 20 years for him and 10 years for me. Obviously this wasn't planned because I had a emergency c-section. The whole family remembers him fondly.For the twins' upcoming birthday party I would like to have a nice way to commemorate his passing..I was thinking lighting candles or something. I really have no experience with this kinda thing though. And how would I work it into their birthday party?! For their 1st birthday we had a super small celebration because we were germphobic and so didnt do anything with FIL's anniversary. We're planning to invite more family for their 2nd..and a lot of the people there would remember him. It just doesn't seem right to have a birthday party and NOT do anything for FIL. Any ideas, thoughts? Is the whole thing kinda inappropriate? 

Re: XP: Birthday party and commemorating a death..?

• I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging someone that meant so much to you and the family. What about a balloon release?
  • How about a nice picture of ex-FIL with a candle burning next to it.
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"