Special Needs

Re: Autistic children's facial features?

• This is the first I heard about the studies but found it pretty interesting. It's so funny but my ds with AS has two huge cowlicks right in the front of his big head lol. That was nice of the lady in Bermuda to point out your husband's large head! Also, is there any pattern noted about vision in people with ASD?  Like, does a higher percentage wear glasses or anything?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Auntie, every night I stare at my boys while they are sleeping.  Yea, they are 6 and 4 and I still stare at their sleeping faces.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemommyof4boys:
    Auntie, every night I stare at my boys while they are sleeping.  Yea, they are 6 and 4 and I still stare at their sleeping faces.

Totally interesting- I always look in oh the girls before I go to sleep (they share a room), but almost every night I find myself gazing extra long at DD#2 (PDD-NOS) and thinking how particularly angelic she looks... not like "aw, she's so angelic, I love her so much," but seriously- her face looks absolutely angelic. Must be something to that theory!

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garrett
    image7_0002 A ~ 2.7.06 S ~ 9.2.07
  • Interesting!! DS has 2 cowlicks in the back of his head. Several people have pointed it out to me. lol  And yes, I do find myself staring at DS when he's sleeping. He just looks so peaceful. DH does it too. :-)
  • Lol, Auntie...my dad is the only person I know who cannot fasten a baseball cap in the back...there are not enough pegs on the plastic closure for him. My DH calls him "buffalo head"......of course, never in public.

DS kinda inherited dad's head....

The reason I look at DS sleeping is because that is the only time none of the SN issues are visible. He is very handsome, innocent....perfect. I usually get teary-eyed because that's when I get the glimpse of "what could have been", if autism didn't taint his perfection.

I hate autism.

• imagehopanka:

The reason I look at DS sleeping is because that is the only time none of the SN issues are visible. He is very handsome, innocent....perfect. I usually get teary-eyed because that's when I get the glimpse of "what could have been", if autism didn't taint his perfection.

I hate autism.

I do the same thing as you and think the same thing as well. I also get teary-eyed sometimes when I watch him sleep. I hate autism. I actually sent my mom and sister a text last week when I was having a bad day with DS and totally spazzed out in the text and said that I hate autism. :-( 

• So, are they saying that kids with autism have big foreheads? My husband has a big forehead...or do they mean a big head?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"