Baby Showers

Shower favor ideas?

I'm throwing a shower for my sister in 2 weeks and need some fun favor ideas. I'm ok with candy in a cute container or something but want to avoid the things that people never use (i.e. teddy bear candles, etc.). Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
First BFP 9/7/08 - D&E at 11 weeks - Baby stopped developing at 6 wks 3 days BFP 12/23/08 - Natural miscarriage 1/6/09 BFP 05/11/09 - Ruptured Ecoptopic 5/23/09 at 5 weeks Our Beautiful Baby Girl arrived June 3, 2010 - She amazes us daily! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shower favor ideas?

• I'm a big fan of food as shower favors. ?It's actually something that people will use. ?I threw a shower for my cousin a few years ago and I did baby themed cookies on a stick (bottle, rubber duckie, teddy bear, and a diaper). ?I then put the cookies in a flower pot and filled it with mints that people could snack on during the shower. ?
    imageimage
  • My shower was a "pumpkin" theme b/c I"m due right around Halloween. My mom orderd pumpkin spice cupcakes with orange sprinkles from a local bakery and put them in little take-out boxes for favors. They were a big hit.

She also put little pumpkins/gourds (stems dipped in gold glitter...she saw this on Martha Stewart halloween party ideas) at everyone's table place setting for decoration and surprisingly people took them home with them? I dont think they were "meant" to be favors, but people loved them and acted like they were!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd love to be specific, as I am RIGHT NOW in the middle of making the favors for another nestie's shower that I'm co-hosting on Sunday.  But she's all over this board today, so I can't spill the beans!!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • you can do mini loafs of bread. i'm having a shower in dec. so its a sort of winter theme. my sister in law is doing hot chocolate mix cones. you just pour it in a cup and add water. you can google the idea.

or some personal m&ms

• I recently made these Cupcake Pops for a friend's bridal shower.  They were a HUGE hit!  They taste great, and are pretty darn cute.  If you want the recipe you can email me at wrburleson@yahoo.com.

• I've seen popcorn wrapped with a wrapper that says, ____ is about to pop.

• We gave away little jars of honey with tags that read, "Kelly, the Mom to Bee".  They were cute and went over well.  I mean, who doesn't like honey?
  • For my BFF's baby shower, myself and the other host took a pic of the mom to be with each guest and printed them while other things were going on (food, games, etc..). Then we placed them in a magnetic frame that can be placed of the fridge and handed them to each guest as they left.?
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"