Working Moms

kissing

My husband and I went to visit our daycare the other day with our LO. We both noticed that one of the teachers was excessively kissing one of the little boys. My husband and I disucssed this after leaving the daycare and we felt very uncomfortable about it. The kissing was not just pick him up and one or two kisses, it was he walked by and a few kisses and then holding him and kissing a few more times. It was a lot.

Has anyone dealt with this and am I normal to feel uncomfortable? I mean I know it's natural to want to kiss babies because they are so cute but it was excessive!

Thanks

P.S. We called the director of the daycare who was very nice and said she would talk to the teacher.

Re: kissing

• I am very big on kissing and was always happy when the boy's got cuddled so much by their DCPs.  Kisses, hugs...all good

That said, there is a difference between affectionate and creepy.  Hard to describe but you know it when you see it.  So hard to comment on your experience.

• I'm a daycare provider and the only child I'll kiss like that is my own child. That being said, I'd rather see the teacher being loving than not affectionate at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagewheelsonthebus:
    I'm a daycare provider and the only child I'll kiss like that is my own child. That being said, I'd rather see the teacher being loving than not affectionate at all.

This...my in home DCP kisses my DD all the time.  It's so nice to see her be so loving to my baby.  It sounds kind of excessive with the kissing but I am quite sure that the teacher did not mean to offend anyone & she was just showing affection.  I don't think I would've reported it to the director...but then again I am a real touchy feely type of person anyways.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageITGurl0626:

imagewheelsonthebus:
    I'm a daycare provider and the only child I'll kiss like that is my own child. That being said, I'd rather see the teacher being loving than not affectionate at all.

This...my in home DCP kisses my DD all the time.  It's so nice to see her be so loving to my baby.  It sounds kind of excessive with the kissing but I am quite sure that the teacher did not mean to offend anyone & she was just showing affection.  I don't think I would've reported it to the director...but then again I am a real touchy feely type of person anyways.

I totally agree! I've been thinking about this more and if I were looking for daycare for my son, I'd send him to the lady who gives kisses!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagewheelsonthebus:

I agree with the last part.  I don't think I would have reported it, especially if it wasn't my child.  I'm not a touchy-feely kinda person, but I doubt the DCP meant any harm. 

• DD's in home DC provider gives DD kisses all the time. At first when she was new there I was a little weirded out by it. Now, I look at it that she loves my child like I do and it shows DD that other adults care for her and love her. It doesn't bother me one bit anymore.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry. I think it's really odd that you called the director about this, regarding a kid that isn't even yours.  Personally, I love it that our DCP's are affectionate with DD.  They hug, hold and kiss her all the time.  She is loved there and I like that she knows it! 

I would be mad if this affection stopped b/c of some uptight parent.  Sorry, but that's how I feel. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelaurakaz13:

Sorry. I think it's really odd that you called the director about this, regarding a kid that isn't even yours.  Personally, I love it that our DCP's are affectionate with DD.  They hug, hold and kiss her all the time.  She is loved there and I like that she knows it! 

I would be mad if this affection stopped b/c of some uptight parent.  Sorry, but that's how I feel. 

Ditto.

So many people biitch about daycares being "strangers watching your baby"; you find a place where the providers are affectionate with the babies that they take care of, and you complained?

I loved that the women in the infant room at our daycare showered the babies with affection. It felt comforting to me to know that DS was in such a loving environment. Why would I want him in a cold, sterile, unfriendly place?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS's teachers have always hugged and kissed him.  It' s healthy.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"