April 2011 Moms

Hard poo?

Ok, so we upp'd LO solid intake to two meals a day at the beginning of the week.  2-3 Tbs of rice with a 1-2 tbs of veggie or fruit in the morning, and the same at supper time.  She is still being nursed at home and bottle fed at daycare. She has dropped a few onces in her bottles at daycare.  I'm wondering whats up and why the hard poo yesterday?  HELP!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hard poo?

• Could it be the upping of her solids?  I know that ever since my LO has been eating solids (a few weeks now) her poops are harder.  Not too hard in the sense that it is painful for her to poop but they certainly aren't the runnier poos I was used to in the beginning!
  • How hard is hard? My babies' stools vary in consistency through the day but are always solid. Some are softer and some are harder and more formed. Rice and bananas can both be binding so that could be part of it, in your LO's case. As long as they are still moist (not dry, white or pebbly) and you don't see blood in the stool you are probably fine.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks girls for the reassurance, it must be the more solids.  They are definitely not hard for her to pass just more of a formation.  Crazy! Made me nervous that is for sure. haha who would have guess a year ago I would be thanking another person for info on poop! hah!
  • This is perfectly normal nothing to worry about. DS are hard (also not to hard that it would hurt) but they are no longer mushy much. Solids will do that to them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"