South Florida Babies
Options

Need double stroller recommendation for Disney

Hi Ladies!

We're planning a trip to Disney with our 7 month old and 3.5 year old and we will definitely need a double stroller.  We don't have one now because my son usually prefers to walk, but I know that it's easier to manage Disney when he's in one.  Does anyone have one that they'd recommend? 

Thanks!

Re: Need double stroller recommendation for Disney

• Options

IMO, if you are going to buy a double stroller (which can be $) just for Disney, how about 1) borrow one, or 2) take your current stroller for baby, and rent one for toddler.

The Peg Perego Aria is a decent stroller and perfect for siblings of different ages.  I like that it is lightweight, folds thinly, and reclines enough for babies to nap well.  We were gifted a McClaren (sp) double, and wasn't very impressed with it personally.  I felt it didn't offer sufficient support for an infant (boys were 5 mo when I tried it out).  I returned it bc I have the Aria which served same purpose I wanted the McClaren for.  The City Mini Double is perfect for your need IMO but again, I think a 3.5 yr old is too old for a stroller to invest so much money for just Disney (I agree he needs something for Disney, just not locally).

HTH.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Another option... how about a bike trailer!  We have a bike trailer that converts into a double stroller.  It doesn't recline, so may not be good for baby for a long day at disney, but maybe something to look into... maybe a family member has?  I actually posted earlier in Multiples forum regarding the one we bought recently.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/59368742.aspx

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the input.  I'd love to borrow a double stroller, but we end up going pretty often to Disney so I don't know how feasible that would be.  We could take our two single strollers (McClaren Quest and a BabyTrend jogger), but I was thinking that if anyone had a great recommendation I'd consider whether it was worth the investment for how often we'd use it (probably 6-8 times a year - but we're considering having kid #3 eventually...maybe).

We have a nice bike trailer that does convert to a stroller, but it doesn't fold at all without completely collapsing it and removing the wheels so I didn't think it would work that well using the buses/trams/monorails, etc.  I'll have to see just how quickly I can fold it and maybe if bungee cord could be used to wrap it up with the wheels.

• Options
    You may want to take a look at the Combi double stroller. It's not that expensive, it's extremely easy to fold, it folds in half so it doesnt take up as much room as other strollers, and it is lightweight (may be the lightest weight double out there). It's been great for our Disney trips!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    You can actually rent double City Minis from a couple different companies in Orlando. They deliver them right to your hotel, clean and in good shape. Magicstrollers.com orlandostrollerrental.com kingdomstrollers.com Hope that helps!
  • Options

imagebisabelm:
    You can actually rent double City Minis from a couple different companies in Orlando. They deliver them right to your hotel, clean and in good shape. Magicstrollers.com orlandostrollerrental.com kingdomstrollers.com Hope that helps!

Oh Yeah!  You can rent them.  I've rented highchairs and cribs from ABC Rental, and was very impressed by their service and cleanliness. 

-- Jackie
  • Options
    katie, i have a double chicco umbrella stroller that reclines all the way that you can borrow while you do your research. it just needs a good wash since its ben sitting on our covered patio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"