Success after IF

anyone have success on IUI tries #5 or #6?

Hi there -

We just completed our 4th cycle of IUI with stims (gonal f) ending with a big old bfn.

Our insurance provides for unlimited IUI but no IVF.

Our RE is on board for 2 more IUIs, but when asked whether patients have success beyond that, she said it was unlikely. She will continue if we want.

After 28 months we are at the end of our rope, ready to throw in the towel... enough is enough, let's get on our with our lives. But before we do that we want to make sure that we made a good effort at conceiving another child.

I am wondering whether there is any hope for #5 or #6. What were your experiences?  I'll take the good, the bad and the ugly -- lay it on me, ladies!

Thanks,

Abby

ttc #2 since 6/09 ** au naturel (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs + IUI (2 rounds) = bfn ** gonal f + ovidrel + IUI (7 rounds) = bfn ** IVF w/ICSI+PGD - all embryos arrested 4/28/12 GAME OVER ** image >

Re: anyone have success on IUI tries #5 or #6?

• Are you unexplained, or have they identified an issue? Very frustrating. I would do the next two IUIs. If no success, take along break and maybe save for an IVF attempt? Best of luck to you and I hope you have success very soon!!
    After 2 years TTC with mild endo and an elevated FSH. We were successful with our second IUI after Lap surgery. Our daughter born 12/2009. Currently trying for #2. IUI#1-miscarriage, IUI #2-BFN, IUI #3- BFP Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks so much -- no explanation for our problems :(
    ttc #2 since 6/09 ** au naturel (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs + IUI (2 rounds) = bfn ** gonal f + ovidrel + IUI (7 rounds) = bfn ** IVF w/ICSI+PGD - all embryos arrested 4/28/12 GAME OVER ** image >
  • Loading the player...
  • We were unexplained and #4 with clomid worked but we m/c at 9.5 weeks.  We then did 3 iui's w/ inject. all BFN.  IVF#1 was a "possible" chemical pg.  #2 was converted to and IUI b/c of a dominant follicle and #3 was the winner (initially w/ twins).  We then conceived DS2 - by another miracle after 4 months of trying on our own.  GL to you!!!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • :::raises hand:::    IUI#5 here! 

my insurance provided 6 IUI's per pregnancy - meaning once we got pg, it reset back to 1.    No IVF coverage

We did IUI's 1-3 and all were BFN.   Then my RE suggested a lap to look for endo.  I told her I had zero symptoms of endo.   She said "not getting pg is a symptom".   So since it was only a $20 copay to have the lap, we went for it.    Found stage 1 endo and got all fixed up.

Continued with IUI#4 = BFN.   Then IUI#5 was BFP.   2nd cycle after lap.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Our 5th IUI (4th w/injectibles) brought us our miracles. We dealt with MFI. Our RE gave us a less than 3% chance of IUIs' working. He was truly shocked. But it does happen. 
  • Staycee has a great point. Has your RE mentioned a LAP? Especially if you are unexplained? I was unexplained until we did ours. My FSH at that time was 9-10, so a little elevated but our official dx was unexplained. I am so glad we did it. 100% covered by insurance. My RE was able to clean it out and we finally had success with our second IUI. I don't count in my siggy the multiple attempts with clomid before finally doing a around of injectibles before my LAP. Second IUI with injectibles after the LAP brought us our daughter. I hope this helps!
    After 2 years TTC with mild endo and an elevated FSH. We were successful with our second IUI after Lap surgery. Our daughter born 12/2009. Currently trying for #2. IUI#1-miscarriage, IUI #2-BFN, IUI #3- BFP Pregnancy Ticker
  • THANK YOU - I go to a very reputable RE practice and am surprised that they have not mentioned pelvic laparascopy. I will look into it for sure. You ladies rock!

Thanks again. Enjoy your weekends :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"