Stay at Home Moms
Options

Which Stores Have Double-Seat Grocery Carts?

I really want to get grocery shopping out of the way and since both kids are refusing to nap today... might as well go.  I haven't done major grocery shopping with both kids before... which stores have double-seats?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which Stores Have Double-Seat Grocery Carts?

• Options
    Well I don't know for sure in the States, but here walmart has them.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options

Hmmm. Yeah, neither of those here.

The only one I can think of, off-hand, is Costco but if I go there, I'll spend $700. lol 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you guys have Kroger? Ours have not only double seat baskets but also ones with cars in the frount that hold two kids!

Really, you could have two toddler twins and two preschoolers all riding somehow! 

I doubt you have one and they are pricey, but our Central market has baskets that hold two kids on these chair things. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options
    imagenekorayne:

Do you guys have Kroger? Ours have not only double seat baskets but also ones with cars in the frount that hold two kids!

Really, you could have two toddler twins and two preschoolers all riding somehow!   

Ditto this. I only go to Kroger (King Soopers here) when I have both kids. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options
    imageashley0616:
    imagenekorayne:

Ditto this. I only go to Kroger (King Soopers here) when I have both kids. 

We don't have Kroger or King Soopers in CA.  Costco is the only one that I know of in the Central Valley.  Sorry, MTJ!! 

ETA:  We have a couple of local ones up here that have the race car on the front of the basket that accommodates two kids...  Would you even feel comfortable putting them in one of those?

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our Target has them, but they are rarely out in the parking lot. This my worst nightmare. Trying to figure out how to get the kids into the store without a cart. I've seen them at Home Depot and Meijer too.
  • Options

Your oldest is one? Mine is one as well and DH wanted him to ride in the car and I said no because my DS would not like being that low to the ground and not seeing anything.He is just not ready.

Now a preschooler, sure! Ours have seat belts. I guess some preschoolers could undo it in which case I could see it being an issue with them trying to climb out or something.

At first I wondered if someone runnning into the car (and maybe smashing fingers if the kid has his hand hanging out) with a cart but in our store they are easy to see and I have never seen any chance for this to happen. If it is not SUPER busy in the store then I don't see the harm in them for an older kid.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options

I will have to scope out some stores in our area and pay more attention - I would be okay with the kind where they sit with a seat belt.  He's good about staying put if we are in a "new" situation.

I ran to the store for a few things and put him in the main part of the cart and her in the seat-part.  Got enough for dinner tonight, anyway, and will do major shopping this evening after they are in bed.  I'll have to keep a look-out for the carts you guys are talking about - Thanks! 

• Options
    Aldi does.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

The Nest/Bump sucks and won't let me change my location. I'm in Arkansas, not Florida.
  • Options

I primarily do my shopping between 2 different grocery stores/2 targets. Only one grocery store carries double seat carts. They're scarce in my area apparently. I can wear my baby in an ergo, so it's never an issue if the store doesnt have one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"