Natural Birth

At home birth

Is anyone else doing this? We are about 90% sure that this is what we want to do. I still have to meet with the midwife, so as long as that goes well, then I think we will. She has a tub too, so I will definitely be using that! I am pretty nervous though. For those of you who have done it, was it an enjoyable experience? Would you do it again? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: At home birth

• J. was born at home. It was absolutely amazing. As long as this pregnancy remains low-risk, this LO will also be born at home. So, yes, 100% I would do it again!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was born at home (DD was born at the hospital).  We'll definitely be doing another home birth for our next, and likely last, child - we had a very positive experience, much better than the hospital.  I rented a tub from my midwife and it was nice to labor in for awhile, but I did get sick of the water after awhile and when it came to pushing I just wanted to be in my bed. 
    imageimage 
  • Loading the player...
  • I loved my first home birth and am attempting another! I'm soo excited for #2's birth day! #1's was an amazing experience!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my first at home and am planning another with this baby.  It was literally one of the best decisions I have ever made and I can't imagine having my babies anywhere but at home.

My story is in my bio.  I would never describe birth as "pleasurable," but it was a very empowering and amazing experience.

GL 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• We are planning one. I was sort of nervous at first but after some research my husband and I both feel confident that this is the best decision for us.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had a great experience and are planning another one with this LO, so as long as we both stay low risk that is the plan!
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• We did home birth and I would definitely do it again.  I loved the freedom of being able to roam around my house and labor where ever I wanted.  I liked that I could eat if I wanted to.  And, I especially loved that I had the baby in my own bed.  Was I nervous, yes, but I just kept telling myself I could do it, even when I was crying to midwife that the baby was never coming out (which I did, several times).  But yes, I would totally do it for the next child.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• This is our first LO and we are planning a homebirth in December. I instictively knew it was the right choice for us and DH was quick to get onboard, especially after meeting and discussing matters with out midwife. Of course things can change before then, if the pregnancy becomes high risk for whatever reason then we will deliver in hospital.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yes, we are planning one for this LO.  After 2 natural births in a hospital setting, I know I am ready to go this route.
  • We had DS, our second, at home.  DD was born med-free in a hospital.  The hospital birth was not bad, but the home birth was great.  I'll take "great" over "not bad" for my babies!  We would def do a homebirth again if we were to have another one. It was so nice not to have to travel during the labor and so nice to be tucked in my own bed afterward.
  • Wow! There are so many! I had no idea that this many women choose at home birth! That is so exciting! I really hope that it works out for us! Thanks, everyone! :)
  • We're hoping for one! My mom is my midwife and had 6 of her babies at home and underwater. My first was a natural birth at the hospital. It wasnt in the birth center, like i had hoped. but it went well so i felt comfortable enough to try for a HB this time.
  • DD2 was born at home.  It was perfect and amazing and I will opt for HB again in the future for sure!  My list of reasons for loving it is endless.
  • LO#1 was a planned homebirth, but we transferred for a surgical birth in the middle of labor.

LO#2 was an HBAC.

i wouldn't have had it any other way.

unless there is some medical need, i would never want to birth anywhere other than my own home. 

• I am planning a home birth too. Right now I am enjoying sharing our plans with a few select people. I think it is so important for others to see a well educated, reasonable couple choosing this option. It may empower others to consider this as well. Home birth is not just for "hippies" anymore (ugh. What a terrible stereotype!)
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• We are first time parents and we plan to have our LO at home.  Ever since the idea of babies entered my brain 8 years ago, I always planned to have a home birth.  We love our midwife and are very excited about the prospect of delivering at home. 
  • I had an epi-free hospital induction, but would love to have a home birth someday.  Unfortunately, it's illegal for midwives to assist home births in my state.  They can be arrested for it.  
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"