Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Does your baby laugh a lot?

K really doesn't.  She will squeal if she gets excited, but she's only given a good belly laugh a handful of times...and it is really really hard to get her to do it...or even to squeal.  Is that weird?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does your baby laugh a lot?

• I don't think so. I would think it might just be her personality, ya know. Some people laugh more than others. I definitely don't think you should be worried, especially since you've seen her do it.
  • I don't think it's weird. DS would mostly just giggle when we tickled him up or made funny noises until about a month ago. Now he'll giggle more spontaneously and at other things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's just personaility.  My LO is like crazy happy ha ha.  She makes herself giggle all the time. 
  • Ds cracks up pretty regularly. He laughs a lot when we surprise him by jumping out, and the other day he couldn't get enough of watching our cat jump around to play with a toy. It was pretty funny! Some days though he just isn't as giggly. Our friends' baby isn't a big laugher like ds. I can get her to smile, but it takes work!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • See my siggy.
    IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DS laughs constantly.  For whatever reason, he laughs every.single.time he sees our dogs, also every time I put pants on him (I have to lift his butt up, and apparently that is funny?).  He also laughs every time we say Ah-Boom!  Lol.  And I mean like BIG, belly laughs where his whole body is laughing.  

But, he isn't that mobile yet, he only recently can start scooting with his legs where he rug burns his face on the carpet.  He also hasn't babbled a lot, he just started to say 'da-da' this past week and those are his first consistent consonants.  I'm just telling myself the laughing is his way of expressing himself right now until he can say more or get into more trouble :)  It is also definitely his personality.  He is pretty much always happy.

• A doesn't really laugh much, either. He smiles all the time and is generally a very happy baby, but he rarely gives me a good laugh. Usually it's something totally random and involves me being silly, but he won't laugh at something twice. I'm not that concerned. I'm not really a laugher (is that a word?), either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTitts McGeee:
    See my siggy.

win. 

• It hasn't really been until the past month or so that she will do the belly laughs without being prompted (tickled or chased....)
  • imagechardonnay24:
    A doesn't really laugh much, either. He smiles all the time and is generally a very happy baby, but he rarely gives me a good laugh. Usually it's something totally random and involves me being silly, but he won't laugh at something twice. I'm not that concerned. I'm not really a laugher (is that a word?), either.

Pretty much this. If I tickle her or play peek a boo, I get a chuckle kind of noise, but she never laughs unprompted. And it never lasts for more than a minute.

• E laughs all the time now. Before a couple weeks ago we really had to work to get her to laugh. I wouldn't be worried that she doesn't laugh all that much. Give it some time and I'm sure she'll start cracking up over many things!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one that laughs a lot, and one that rarely does.  Livi will squeal and bounce when she is excited or something is funny, Alayna will giggle her butt off at absolutely nothing.  
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • It depends who Henry is with. For me, he rarely laughs, but smiles frequently. For DH he doesn't stop laughing. I'm pretty sure, I'm just not funny to him.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • D just started doing it a LOT in the last week or so.  Before that it was really hard and really uncommon.  Now it's like EVERYTHING makes him lol
  • Not much makes him laugh out loud. He's pretty serious.
  • Shiloh thinks daddy is much funnier than mommy. Although if I pretend to put her paci in my mouth, that is hilarious to her for some reason. It takes lots of physical play to really get her laughing though, she loves being held high or turned upside down.
  • Caleb has just started laughing out loud in the. Month.  He would do like a silent lag before, but never really a full elly laugh.  Kelsy sounds just like Caleb!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • C laughs a lot, but nowadays, it's prompted by something, even if that something is putting him in his pampers box and pretending it's a car.  I'm sure it's just her personality.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No DD doesn't either. If we want to hear her laugh we have to sit down with her on a mission to pull it out of her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All I have to do is shake my hair over him and it cracks his shiit up, he's a very happy baby, but my cousin's 8 month old boy has only ever full on belly laughed for me and Ronan, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My son laughs constantly.  About everything.  He cracks himself up.

My daughter (who is 2) was a much more serious baby.  She would smile a lot, but getting a good belly laugh was a challenge for everyone except the dog.  For some reason, our dog has ALWAYS made our DD laugh...  Other humans, notsomuch.  DD is perfectly normal - very happy, verbal, etc.  She is just on the more reserved and serious side.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Not really.  She'll giggle, but those deep belly laughs are really hard to get.  When she was younger she thought her parents were pretty hilarious and we could get her to laugh pretty easily.  She is bored by our tricks though, and now only laughs at completely random things.  It is just her personality.  She's all "oh, you obviously want me to laugh.  So nope.  Not gonna do it." 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • M is a constant laugher and smiler. She also squeals and does this weird little barking laugh. She also pants before giggling.

Basically, my kid finds everything funny and is part animal.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He laughs at the Hot Dog Dance during Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and when Daddy tickles him. Otherwise, he rarely laughs.. just babbles a lot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• She'll giggle a few times a day, usually at the dogs, but I'm not sure we've even had a belly laugh yet. I guess we're not funny enough.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• It's hard work to get our LO to laugh. It's almost like she says "Not funny, Mommy. Try Again." And what makes her laugh one minute, will totally not the next. There is only a few people in this world who have ever been able to make her laugh. She does smile a lot and babble. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"