Natural Birth

Update: Concerned about my blood pressure

Well, I just got a call from my Dr. with the results... and my protein in my urine is within the pre-eclampsia range.  Between that and my blood pressure we have no choice but to assume that is what it is.  The doctor wants me to start measuring blood pressure at home and still believes if everything stays under control I may still deliver naturally.  He says if my blood pressure is ok and ultrasounds look good I could go right up to my due date before we need to induce.  I'm soooo frustrated, I literally did everything I was supposed to do, eating lots of healthy foods and getting as much protein as is recommended.... but my body had other plans.  Anyways... just thought I'd update.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: Update: Concerned about my blood pressure

• Sometime you can do everything right and it just doesn't matter. PIH and pre-e aren't really things that can be prevented. There are things you can do to help them a little but if you going to get it your going to get it no matter what you do. Just try to rest as much as possible. Moving around will raise your BP. Stay optimistic, if your doctor didn't tell you to go to the hospital than your levels can't be THAT bad. And it is great news if he said that it could still be possible for you to go till your due date.  
  • It is excellent news that the doctor is allowing you to continue monitoring your levels at home and not insisting on admitting you.  Keep thinking good thoughts, and ask for recommendations on dietary changes to keep you at HOME and not headed to the hospital.

Think positive thoughts and tell that LO that you're ready when they come, but that you'd like them to finish cooking first.  ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"