Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Really red around diaper area

We were using Pampers Swaddlers and then we noticed the area around the top of the diaper and his legs was bright red and it seemed to be bothering him. So we switched to Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive and it seems a little better but it's been 4 days now and the area around the top of the diaper still seems pretty red.

Any other diaper recommendations to try? He seems to be very sensitive as he got a hive the other day from the tiny fabric tag on his hat sitting in one spot too long...

Should I continue on these current diapers a little longer before ruling them out? They do seem to be helping some.

Thanks ladies!

P.S. DS is 2.5 weeks old, haven't changed my ticker yet. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Really red around diaper area

• Options

Seems like he's irritated by the rubbing of the diaper. You think applying some ointment on the area would provide a barrier against the rubbing diaper?

Also, are you maybe putting the diaper on too tightly? I'm sure you're not, just a thought.

Instead of trying out a bunch of diapers (don't waste the money!), give his Dr. a call and see what (s)he thinks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLatesha0911:

Seems like he's irritated by the rubbing of the diaper. You think applying some ointment on the area would provide a barrier against the rubbing diaper?

Also, are you maybe putting the diaper on too tightly? I'm sure you're not, just a thought.

Instead of trying out a bunch of diapers (don't waste the money!), give his Dr. a call and see what (s)he thinks.

We tried applying aquaphor and it didn't seem to help with the regular swaddlers and with the sensitive ones it basically makes the diaper turn into a paper towel-ish fabric and fall apart quickly. We also tried triple paste, we're using that on his butt because he's so red there too.

Could be, we tried looser though and he peed out. (boys are much harder than girls in this part!)

We asked the dr last friday and he said just try another diaper....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What size diapers are you using?  Think it might be time to move up to the next size?  My daughter would get a little red in the legs right before we moved her up a size.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS had this happen with regular pampers swaddlers too- it started out red, we knew it wasnt time to move to size 1 because he was only about 6 lbs when it happened.  He then started getting a blistery rash alon the diaper line-we took him to the doctor and got a medicated cream and switched to sensitive diapers.  After afew days it cleared upp, we stopped using the medication and using sensitive diapers ever since.  he has been fine.  Doctor said he'd likely outgrow it and we wont have to use sensitive diapers forever,
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageegankn:
    imageLatesha0911:

We tried applying aquaphor and it didn't seem to help with the regular swaddlers and with the sensitive ones it basically makes the diaper turn into a paper towel-ish fabric and fall apart quickly. We also tried triple paste, we're using that on his butt because he's so red there too.

Could be, we tried looser though and he peed out. (boys are much harder than girls in this part!)

We asked the dr last friday and he said just try another diaper....

That was my initial thought as well. We experienced the same thing with DS, and even the sensitive diapers made him red. Come to find out, I was just putting them on too tight. And yeah, boys are much harder, lol. DS used to pee out of his diapers all the time. Pampers Baby Dry seemed to be the only ones that hold all of his pee in. I would also try a size up.

Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"