Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you get LO to nap at the first sign of tiredness..

Do you do it when they first yawn?  When they first start to get cranky?  How do you really know when they are tired?  Sometimes Harper will wake from a nap and very shortly after start yawning, and I never really know if it's because she's still waking up from her nap, or because she's tired again.  I feel like she's getting overtired lately, and maybe I need to start trying to get her to nap more. 

Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you get LO to nap at the first sign of tiredness..

• Options
    With the first yawn not too long after a nap I let go and if it continues or she shows other signs like heavy eyes, a little cranky, or more yawns I start the soothing and nap process. hope this helps...
  • Options

I agree with pp, I usually try to keep my LO napping especially if she only had a short 45 minute nap.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Signs of tiredness include heavy eyelids, turning away from stimulation, extra fussiness, yawns, eye rubbing, ear rubbing, etc

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

This is a post from the other day regarding a similar issue:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/59254997.aspx

If you scroll down, someone has linked to an old post, where someone has listed suggested awake times by age (think they were using Baby Whisperer) and some other napping tips - I am going to try it myself. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I recently discovered that my LO's content awake time is only about an hour. I can pretty much time it when he's going to give me his first yawn -- it's nearly always an hour! So I whisk him off to bed as soon as I see it. Sometimes he yawns when he wakes up from a nap, but I don't count those. 
  • Options

Yawning is about the only sign of tiredness at this stage I believe. I usually get him settled somewhere comfy when he does start yawning and he falls asleep for his nap when he is ready (swing or bouncer).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagejmo866:

This is a post from the other day regarding a similar issue:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/59254997.aspx

If you scroll down, someone has linked to an old post, where someone has listed suggested awake times by age (think they were using Baby Whisperer) and some other napping tips - I am going to try it myself. GL!

Thank you, that is such a helpful link!

• Options
    I was also wondering this.  And also, what do you do when you have to take the baby somewhere, like the store, or you just want to get out of the house to visit a friend?  How do you incorporate sleep at those times?
  • Options

imagenoahchristopher:
    I was also wondering this.  And also, what do you do when you have to take the baby somewhere, like the store, or you just want to get out of the house to visit a friend?  How do you incorporate sleep at those times?

I try to leave the house before DS2 gets tired. If he's tired and is having a hard time falling asleep in the carseat more then likely he'll be pretty upset when we get to our destination and then I just want to go back home! lol. Some times he will fall asleep in the carseat and in that case I'll leave him in and put it in the stroller. If he doesn't fall asleep in the car, more then likely I'll put him in my carrier cause I know he'll fall asleep in there.

Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"