South Florida Babies
Options

nostalgia or baby fever

Did anyone else get major baby fever when your first LO turned 1?

DH keeps telling me to stop taking BCP and it is very tempting, but ideally I'd like to wait to TTC until she's  2.  But, we were looking at her newborn pics last night and can't wait for baby #2.  

Re: nostalgia or baby fever

• Options

For me it was nostalgia and it went away really quickly when alexis turned 16 months or so. And especially when she was 18 - 24 months!!!! 

As much as I missed the baby thing at that point, I definitely did not want 2u2 and I am glad things worked out the way they did age-wise. I just feel so ready now and prepared. Not that you can't do it before because you can and plenty of people do it, but it's hard!  

image image

• Options

For me the 1st time I think it was nostalgia but I thought it was baby fever. LOL I had 2 u 2 and it worked out great but it was alittle rough those first 6 months or so. But I would never regret it-- they are the best of buds! 

Now there is a 4 yr difference between my DS and Elena and it great too.  I just think you gotta just go with what you feel comfortable with and it will all work out.

There is one thing I know NOW FOR SURE.  I AM DONE!  no more for me. ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had MAJOR baby fever when Matthew turned one.  When he was 15 months, I got pregnant with Rachel.  2u2 is damn hard, that it's not even funny.  And that I send Matthew to school!  It's getting easier now that Matthew and Rachel can entertain each other but the first 4 months I wanted to lock myself in the bathroom and hide from the craziness going on! 
  • Options

LOL @ Yvette! I think everybody gets "baby fever" when their kid turns 1. I know FOR SURE my baby fever will NOT return when Moses turns 1 though! lol

I actually love having them 19 months apart. It's not always easy, but I manage. And they love each other so so so much that it's hard not to love it :)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I completely understand your feeling!! I got "baby fever" with Evan when he was around 10-11 months but I was BFing so I knew chances of getting pregnant were slim at that point. We stopped BFing at 13 months because (#1) he was biting me and (#2) we were ready to TTC #2! And voila, we were on our way to have 2 under 2 (by just a few weeks). 

This time around, I did start getting some "nostalgia" when Ethan turned 1 as well as seeing some of our friends getting pregnant or having babies BUT definitely not "baby fever" just yet. Ethan is 14 months old and we are not ready to TTC just yet. I agree with Yvette, having 2 under 2 or simply having 2 kids is not easy and this has definitely stalled TTCing #3 for us at this time.

If there are doubts to TTC, then it just may not be time yet. I think the decision becomes easier once you are ready. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I think I did when Sophia turned 1. But when Isabelle turned 1 I had the exact opposite of baby fever! As in....2 is REALLY enough for right now. :) Then again I am not as "in love" with the tiny baby stage as everyone else. I love the toddler, learning, stage just as much and with Sophia being 3 years older, I still feel like I have a baby in Isabelle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had neither baby fever nor nostalgia when Emma turned 1! lol. Sure, she wasn't a teeny, tiny delicious newborn, but she was still such a BABY in my eyes even though she was already walking and starting to talk. I still felt she was much more of an infant than a toddler at that point and I couldn't imagine handling 2 infants at once. It hasn't been until the last 2 months or so, now that she's talking to me in complete sentences and acting so much more like a big girl than she was at the 12 month mark, that I have felt really ready and am actually excited to welcome #2 :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"