Preemies

oh.my.god. DH switched her formula- cold turkey!- update

I can't believe he did this.  Doesn't he remember when we switched from BM to formula that we took 3 WEEKS to do it?  I can't imagine how her little tummy is going to react to suddenly getting another kind of formula without any transition. 

This is what I get for teaching a night class at the local college.  Please tell me I'm over-reacting and she'll be fine.

***Update- we switched her to 1/2 and 1/2 and she's been fine.  No side effects whatsoever, so thankfully it seems like I freaked out for nothing.  Yay!

Re: oh.my.god. DH switched her formula- cold turkey!- update

• oh, I would totally freak out too! Hopefully it will be okay though, going form BM to formula is much harsher than transitioning formulas. If she's up all night with tummy issues, make sure he gets up with her!
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • We switched between formulas lots of times before finding the right one. We did it cold turkey each time. DS had no problems with the switch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it will be fine.? We switched cold turkey. Honestly I didn't know you were supposed to transition.?
  • We've switched cold turkey before without an issue...
  • We switched cold turkey every time - Abby went from BM to Neosure to Nutramigen to Elecare and Ben went from BM to Neosure to Nutramigen.   We never had a problem when we switched....actually, the switch always went for the better.
  • We were advised to go cold turkey and switching and it was only rough for a few days.  Maybe since she's older now it won't be as bad as last time?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"