Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Question about making LOs food?

I was wondering... it'll be at least another month before starting Hadley on baby food, and I'm hoping to make a great deal of what she has. My question is this, I have seen trays online that you can put them in to freeze (look like ice trays). Wonder how long it would be good to keep in the freezer? Should last a good while if I used my food saver system to get the air out?

I would love to start making baby food now (when we are having things for supper that would be good for her to eat) so that when the time came I would have a stash. Think that's okay?

Re: Question about making LOs food?

• Right now, I just make mine fresh evry few days. It really doesn't take that long (peel,chop,throw in steamer,puree). Honestly, 45 mins at most, start to finish for 2-3 days of food. And you get to sit for 20 of it while it steams. :)

So, sorry that wasnt much  help on your freezer question, but just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Freezing guidelines:

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/FreezePage.htm

Great site for everything baby food!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Christmas PJ's! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's recommended that if fresh the food be used within 48-72 hours, if frozen I believe its 30 days.  I would wait a little while longer to start storing up since you'll only be introducing one food at a time anyways. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay, thanks! Just had the passing thought and wanted to get opinions... why this board is so amazing!
  • I totally understand that sort of need to freeze and stash the food but I found it pretty unnecessary after doing that with my older one.  I ended up throwing a lot out.  I would make fresh for the first time you introduce it and if you have an abundance leftover, go ahead and freeze it but don't make just to freeze, IMO.  Then when they get more experienced and don't need such a thinned out puree you can just incorporate your dinners. 

• The books I got (APA approved) say 3 months in the freezer 72 hours in fridge after thawing. And we are just going to use ice cube trays and then ziploc containers once frozen
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"