March 2012 Moms
Options

Interim Bra Recommendations?

I am in serious need of a new bra.  I am usually a C cup, and I just got measured at Victoria's Secret as a DD!  Honestly I don't feel like I've grown that much in that area, but I guess I have.  So, I bought a bigger size VS bra, wore it for one evening out and the wire in it seriously bruised my ribs!  I am taking it back.  Now today, I noticed that my regular wire bra is doing the same thing.  I think it's because when I sit, my bump pushes up that area.  I need a good non-wire one I think, but I don't want to spend a lot since I won't be this size for much longer.  What is everyone else doing for "interim bras"?
imageimage
M/C #1 2001 (6w1d); M/C #2: 10/02/10 (4w4d); M/C #3 05/26/11 (4w3d) Clomid BFP #4 7/18/11 @ 9DPO Please baby stick! Beta #1 (11DPO)=51; Beta #2 (13DPO)=170; Beta #3 (19DPO)=2659!! EDD: 03/31/12

Re: Interim Bra Recommendations?

• Options
    Yeah I just got a few Ds (was a low C before) from Target too.  The trick is to get a cup and a SIZE up, like go at least from a 34 to a 36 or 38.  Your ribcage is what is hurting w the underwire I bet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to kohls and bought 2 bras on sale. Both were non underwire and were so much more comfy!
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went with the cheapy Platex and Vanity Fair for now.  I've gone up two cup sizes and I'm sure I'm not done.
    image  image  image

• Options
    For the time being I bought bra extenders.... so using the same bras but I have a little extra room when clipping on the bra extender.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

If the underwire is digging in, it could either mean that the band size is too small, or that the cup size is too small.  Since VS cup sizes run small, I'm strongly inclined to believe that it's cup size rather than band size.

Everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) should have a bra fitting at Nordstrom if at all possible.  They have more bra sizes than any store I've ever seen, and they don't just measure you with the tape - they also bring you a basic fitting bra with every possible size you might be comfortable in.  (IE, for me, they brought me 32 and 34 band sizes because I was measuring in between, and they brought me three different cup sizes for each - just to be sure.  I turned out to be a 34F.)  The fitting lady even helped adjusted the length of all of the shoulder straps.  And THEN, once we had the size narrowed down, the lady came back with one bra each from six different manufacturers - including the only clearance bra that they had in my size "because she didn't know how much I wanted to spend since I'm probably still growing."  AND, she brought me a soft cup and an underwire for any manufacturer that had both.  To wrap up the whole experience as downright magical, this whole exchange lasted less than 20 minutes.

• Options

I went to JCPenney and bought 2 wireless full coverage bras. They were having a sale BOGO1/2 so it wasn't too bad. They also have those instant cash coupons all the time for spend $25 get $10, etc.

TTC since November 2010
    BFP: March 22, 2011 M/C: April 8, 2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: June 29, 2011!!! Crossing my fingers for a sticky baby :)
    LO Born early March 2012 We are so blessed image
  • Options
    imagelawright:

If the underwire is digging in, it could either mean that the band size is too small, or that the cup size is too small.  Since VS cup sizes run small, I'm strongly inclined to believe that it's cup size rather than band size.

Everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) should have a bra fitting at Nordstrom if at all possible.  They have more bra sizes than any store I've ever seen, and they don't just measure you with the tape - they also bring you a basic fitting bra with every possible size you might be comfortable in.  (IE, for me, they brought me 32 and 34 band sizes because I was measuring in between, and they brought me three different cup sizes for each - just to be sure.  I turned out to be a 34F.)  The fitting lady even helped adjusted the length of all of the shoulder straps.  And THEN, once we had the size narrowed down, the lady came back with one bra each from six different manufacturers - including the only clearance bra that they had in my size "because she didn't know how much I wanted to spend since I'm probably still growing."  AND, she brought me a soft cup and an underwire for any manufacturer that had both.  To wrap up the whole experience as downright magical, this whole exchange lasted less than 20 minutes.

Awesome. I love good customer service.

But now I'm sad because the nearest Nordstrom is 7hrs away :(

Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12
  • Options
    imagesnowflakemom:

Awesome. I love good customer service.

But now I'm sad because the nearest Nordstrom is 7hrs away :(

If it helps at all, I believe that the website offers free shipping and free returns.  

• Options
    I work for VS, so def take it back and see about exchanging it for a wireless style. Do you mind me asking what size you ended up getting? I would recommend getting a bigger band possibly as well. Did you let them know you were pregnant when you went in? Sorry, lots of questions. They shouldn't give you an issue about returning or exchanging.
  • Options
    Go to JC Penney and look for the Vanity Fair Body Floral wireless. It is a full coverage and so comfy. I'm normally a D cup anyway and hate wires. I can usually get these ones at $16 on sale but regular price is $32 so cheaper than VS and I prefer them.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"