May 2011 Moms
Options

Homemade nursing pads?

If any of you have made your own nursing pads, what material did you use? I'm thinking maybe fleece, but not sure if that would get hot and uncomfortable. Also, did you line it with anything? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Homemade nursing pads?

• Options
    i don't have any suggestions, just curious to know what others have to say as well! i use reusable nursing pads that are soft cloth.  never thought of making them myself. great idea!  i really could use some more too.  i'm always a leaky mess.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not very crafty at all. Honestly, I'm thinking about just cutting circles out of a piece of fabric and not even sewing it at all, haha. I wonder if an old t-shirt would work? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

wouldn't an old t-shirt be too thin?  i know for me it would be...but again, i'm like a freakin dairy farm over here...milk everywhere.  

i'm not that great with a sewing machine, but you could probably hand stitch two pieces of thick cotton fabric together...? 

• Options

I found this article:

https://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/04/homemade-nursing-pads.html

I don't have any fleece, but I'm wondering if an old towel would work instead.  

• Options

awesome!  thank you for that!!  the pads look exactly like the ones i have.  it says you could use a receiving blanket...i might try that since dd has a ton.  an old towel seems good.  you gotta let me know how it goes!  

now i just have to find the time to do it...plus, i'm lazy.  Lol.   

• Options
  • Options
    sweeeet!  this is getting me motivated.  i must make them!  Lol.  
  • Options
    i guess you could try an old t-shirt since you layer the circles...
  • Options

I have a ton of homemade nursing pads a friend was nice enough to make for me. They're just big circles with about 3-4 layers of T-shirt material sewn together.

I would say definitely don't use fleece. It's ok, but sometimes it sticks to the nipple, and then LO has to deal with little fuzzies.

I also would hesitate to use a non-Tshirt fabric. It may not absorb as easily.

The pads I have are awesome, though!! 

• Options
    all of mine are homemade using the tutorial from passionate homemaking (posted above). I think I used 2-3 layers of flannel from old pajamas found at a thrift store, and then the back is fleece. i just zigzag stitched around the edges because i don't have a serger. they are super simple and they work great! 
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"