Health & Exercise

Prenatal exercise DVDs?

I'm 12 weeks pregnant and a runner.  I'm planning on running until the roads get bad outside, but I'm down to 3 miles twice a week.  I'm looking for DVD recommendations.  I have the Shiva Rae yoga DVD and did it for the first time today and liked it.  I have a 2 year old and work full time, so I don't have a ton of time.  Thanks!

Re: Prenatal exercise DVDs?

• I mixed Yoga Booty Ballet: Baby on the Way with my regular Beachbody programs (TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme) until I hit my third trimester.  Now I?m just doing YBB, speed walking, and coaching/refing my daughter?s soccer games.  Just listen to your body and go with it. 

• I bought the Summer Sanders' Prenatal workout and love it! She has it separated by trimesters and you can opt to have a full or express workout. I also have Denise Austin's Fit and Pregnant. Hers is a little easier but I like the toning segments on it and how she reminds you to do your Kegels.

I am in the same boat as you- I am a runner and have cut down my running some and will go indoors when the weather is bad. HTH and Good luck! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you noticed a difference in your running?  I'm 12 weeks also, and am having to take more frequent walk breaks.  I'm honestly just proud of myself for keeping up so far.  My last pregnancy I did NOTHING, and only started running after my son was born.  I'll have to check out Summer Sanders.  I've heard good things about her yoga DVD as well.  I'm hoping the weather in WI holds out for another month or so.  Good luck to you too!
  • I do notice a difference. I take walking breaks as well where before I was pregnant I never did and my speed is a lot slower. I take carb boom (it's like GU gel) before I run with great results, where I used to save those for when I ran long distances. On babysteals.com yesterday they had Lindsay Brin's set for $20 and I bought that. I hope it's good, it's usually $35 on amazon. And I hope Ohio stays nice for at least the rest of this month, wishful thinking!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"