Stay at Home Moms
Options

NBR: what to get neighbors as wedding gift?

My across the street neighbor is getting married. She's in her late 60's. Her FI moved in a few months ago (he's early 60's). Its her second marriage and I think his first (maybe, not sure). They have plenty of stuff, so do not 'need' anything or are registered anywhere that I can find. As her FI has been settling in they have had a few donation trucks (charities) come by and haul alot of stuff away (alot of duplicate household items, as she told me). They are having a church wedding and DH and I have been invited, so I feel we need to get them something.

Any advice/ideas?

I was thinking maybe restaurant gift card ($50) in a nice card. Is that good enough? Her house is already decorated and obviously they have all household goods covered- or else I'd say a bed bath and beyond gc (my "go to" gc for friends).

She's a red hat lady, and loves travel and is always coming and going throughout the day. (they are both retired) He's what I can tell, a home body- spends the day sitting outside or piddling around the yard.

$50 is basically what we can afford. I'd love to be able to get a 'real' gift and not a gc but I have no clue what to get.

Re: NBR: what to get neighbors as wedding gift?

• Options

Maybe a gift certificate to a local greenhouse/nursery?  If they would be the type to spruce up the yard in the spring?

The restaurant idea is good, too.    OR maybe a gift card for the movies?  They may be older, but they are newlyweds, right- date nights?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love plants. But I'm a plant person :)
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think gift cards are nice esp in this situation. Who wouldn't like to go out for a nice dinner and be able to use a gift card?! What about a nice bottle or 2 of wine?! Once we gave a couple one bottle of red and one bottle of white because we weren't sure which they preferred. You could even do a little gift basket or something with a couple of related items like the date night pp mentioned. Put a gift card for dinner and movie in a little basket with candy and popcorn. Just a cute way to present it so its not just in a card (not that there's anything wrong with that. I do it all the time).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've just been inspired by the wine thing. My mom is getting married. I'm going to get a pick nic back pac and fill it with delicious things from trader joes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think I'll go with a restaurant gc. The wine idea is nice but I don't think (or know) if they drink. There are more people around me that don't drink than do.

I would go with the monogram stamp idea, but I don't think she's changing her name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"