Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pumping question

hI still have 7 more weeks home with LO before I have to go back to work, but want to start stocking up on my milk now so she'll have plenty when I can't be with her.  I nurse her all day now since I'm home and have been pumping first thing in the morning since that's when I get the most and again at night.  I try to pump during the day, but LO cries every time I set it up and wants to nurse.  It's almost like she can smell my milk and is mad that I'm pumping it and not feeding it to her right then.  I've also tried pumping one breast while nursing her on the other breast but was finding that she wasn't satisfied after only having one breast.  sigh...  I've heard that you should pump after every feeding, but as soon as I get mine set up LO is ready to eat again.  How often are you pumping to save your supply? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pumping question

• Options
    At 3 weeks I would only pump in the am since DD was eating so much. After that growth spurt I was able to pump whichever breast she didn't nurse from. She will give the death stare to my pump while it's going though.
  • Options

If you want to build a stash I recommend sticking with pumping one side while nursing the other...it helps take advantage of the natural letdowns and while you will be feeding every 2 hrs for a day or so your body will adjust in no time...

Just freeze on bag and thaw it out to make sure your milk freezes well and your LO will take it. I found mine to smell very soapy - which indicated that you have high Lipase- I found that out with DD1 and she luckily wasn't choosy - but a friend of mine had to toss her freezerstash because her LO was objecting. In that case you'll need to heat your milk until it lightly bubbles at the edges before you freeze it. GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can only manage to pump enough to store first thing in the morning. Otherwise I only get about an ounce if I'm lucky. 
  • Options

imagekatiewhompus:
    At 3 weeks I would only pump in the am since DD was eating so much. After that growth spurt I was able to pump whichever breast she didn't nurse from. She will give the death stare to my pump while it's going though.

DS does this too! It's so funny

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekatiewhompus:

My LO does this too!  I think it's so funny but it's annoying when she starts crying as soon as I get my pump all set up.

• Options
    I get the death stare too.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"