Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Formula

We've been using Similac for DD. I was wondering what you ladies were using? I've looked into Enfamil recently and it seems more beneficial for her. Would it be bad to switch formulas on her at a month old?  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Formula

• Options
    What about it looks more beneficial?
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    We use Enfamil, but only because that's what the Peds gave us to supplement with from the start. I don't think there's much difference, unless LO needs to be on a special prescription formula. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use the Sam's brand of Enfamil gentlese.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I breastfeed, but if I have to supplement with formula in the future I would probably opt for Earth's Best, because it doesn't use corn syrup solids as the sweetener (uses lactose instead.)  Also, it is made from organic ingredients.  I dunno, something about starting a newborn out on corn syrup just seems dangerous.  :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
  • Options

imagegy86:
    I breastfeed, but if I have to supplement with formula in the future I would probably opt for Earth's Best, because it doesn't use corn syrup solids as the sweetener (uses lactose instead.)  Also, it is made from organic ingredients.  I dunno, something about starting a newborn out on corn syrup just seems dangerous.  :-(

This worrys me, too.  Where do I get "Earth's Best"? 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    We use Target's version of Enfamil/Similac. All formula is regulated by the FDA, and all offer the same nutritional value. Unless your LO needs a special type for medical reasons, I would honestly recommend going the generic route because it is so much cheaper - the Target brand is almost 50% cheaper than Enfamil or Similac.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagememali26:
    We use Target's version of Enfamil/Similac. All formula is regulated by the FDA, and all offer the same nutritional value. Unless your LO needs a special type for medical reasons, I would honestly recommend going the generic route because it is so much cheaper - the Target brand is almost 50% cheaper than Enfamil or Similac.

This!  I use the Wal-mart brand version of Similac.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekatie4253:
    What about it looks more beneficial?

I'm wondering the same thing myself.

We use similac sensitive and used similac advanced with DS1.

Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• Options
    i used similac advance from day 1 (i had the most sample of it) just this last week i switched to Target brand version of Similac Advance since all my samples are now gone. I agree w/PP, unless your LO needs a special formula for medical reasons, there really isn't much of a difference. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Target has it, as does Safeway, Babies R Us... a lot of stores actually. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"