Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Doesn't want to nap, but too grumpy to play

Gabe the babe is currently swinging.  He has been up since 6:30 and won't sleep.  We've done the following since then: played, nursed side laying/swaddled, unswaddled/played, nursed side laying/swaddled, unswaddled/ played, swaddled/put in crib, diaper change, swing.

He doesn't want me to hold him (because he thinks I am trying to get him to sleep) and he doesn't wnt me to play with him because he is tired.

Yesterday was endlessly terrible, so I am scared to piss him off.  LOL!  

He seems content in the swing.  Even though I always feel a little guilty when he is awake and not napping.  However, interaction is just ticking him off.  He must just want to have some alone time.   

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Doesn't want to nap, but too grumpy to play

• Options
    We have these times too? no solution here, but you aren?t alone!  My LO isn't much of a cuddler, so when I?m holding him, he is usually upright and ?talking? or laying down, ready to be fed or rocked to sleep.  Sometimes he doesn?t want either of these options and the swing helps, but I also feel guilty!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    same here! DD is quite content laying on her playmat or sitting in her nap nanny but she really isn't interested in laying with me or having me hold her.  Oh, and she is not napping well either.  We are working on our 3rd 30 min nap since 7:30?? crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Little E was the opposite this morning. She was so tired, but wouldn't be left alone to sleep. Even when I nursed her, she was suspicious & had a death grip on my shirt in case I tried to put her down. But, she was also too crabby to play nicely. She just went down so I'm going to take a nap too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You shouldn't feel guilty about using the swing.  My DD is the same way.  I read that babies can be over stimulated and really do just need alone time.  I've started just putting DD in her crib at night even if she's awake and she entertains herself then goes to sleep.  During the day I use the swing if she's just eaten and isn't happy being held.
  • Options
    Yesterday Paisley just wanted to be held. She did not want to play and did not want to be laid down. I had to hold her standing up and she just zoned out. Every time I tried to hold her laying on her side she would freak out, then as soon as I would hold her upright again she would be fine again. So I just enjoyed the cuddle time. I guess our babies just know what they want! I think that is much better than a fussy baby who doesn't know what they want.
  • Options
    imagekatie4253:

Gabe the babe is currently swinging.  He has been up since 6:30 and won't sleep.  We've done the following since then: played, nursed side laying/swaddled, unswaddled/played, nursed side laying/swaddled, unswaddled/ played, swaddled/put in crib, diaper change, swing.

He doesn't want me to hold him (because he thinks I am trying to get him to sleep) and he doesn't wnt me to play with him because he is tired.

Yesterday was endlessly terrible, so I am scared to piss him off.  LOL!  

He seems content in the swing.  Even though I always feel a little guilty when he is awake and not napping.  However, interaction is just ticking him off.  He must just want to have some alone time.   

By the way, I think Gabe is such a handsome little guy!

• Options
    Emme gets like that. I usually just sit her up on the couch next to me and we hang out LOL They are definitely developing their personalities right now aren't they?!?
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"